Will this drying rack work?

keith1975

I bought this drying rack.

The problem is that it doesn't actually close. see here:

drack.jpg

So if I put buds in there, they will surely be covered for the most part, but there's still big spaces where bugs can go in.

1. Should I use it like this anyway?
2. Should I look at closing up the side that is open?
3. Should I look at a different drying solution?

My problem is that I will be hanging this in the room, not in the tent. Because there is light in the tent.

You could try putting it into a room that doesn't have bugs in it, lol.

But I strongly suspect that the opening is for convenience (and perhaps the cheapness of the manufacturer was a factor, since a product that can be opened likely requires more material than one which is simply... open). If you feel the need to cover the opening, it should be fine for you to do so. Air may still pass freely through the mesh, yes?

You could try putting it into a room that doesn't have bugs in it, lol.

It's not infested, but there will always be one or two flies, or maybe a spider or something somewhere in that room. And I'm worried they might crawl all the way to my buds. Which is why I thought closing it was required.

And yes. air can pass freely, but so can bugs. I'm thinking of either getting a new drying rack that can close. But I also don't really have space for a drying rack. What do you guys use? Can I maybe make some kind of drawer that can be closed? Or any other ideas of what could work well? Preferably something that is self-enclosing... so that it is dark. Buds have to remain in the dark, right?

I've been drying bud as simply as possible for 20+ years - I nick the stem at the base of the bud and use that as a little "hook" to hang the buds on waxed dental floss, lol. It's strong enough to hold quite a bit, cheap, and it comes in those handy rolls in plastic cases that have a built-in line cutter.

Darkness is not essential, IMHO. It's just that the cannabinoids tend to degrade over time in the presence of light, so it's a good idea to begin keeping your buds in the darkness as soon as possible after harvesting them. Although it suddenly occurred to me to wonder whether that's any light, or only light which contains UV in its spectrum. Hmm...

Back
Top Bottom