Willie Nelson Rolls Out New Line Of Marijuana, Willie's Reserve, In Washington

Katelyn Baker

Willie Nelson's latest entrepreneurial endeavor is ready to roll - literally.

On Thursday, Nelson announced his line of weed, Willie's Reserve, would hit Washington shelves on Friday and Colorado marijuana shops in August.

On Friday, Nelson's team tweeted from the Willie's Reserve Twitter account listing which stores were stocked with Nelson's line of pot. Evergreen Market, Fweedom Cannabis, HerbnElements and NiMBiN Pot Shop were included in the tweet - all Washington-based marijuana shops.

To celebrate the release of his weed, the cannabis aficionado planned concerts in both states.

Nelson performed one concert over the weekend in Marymoor Park in Redmond, Washington and a second concert is slated for Saturday at Fiddler's Green Amphitheater in Greenwood, Colorado.

The long-time marijuana advocate said it was time for him to share.

"I've smoked enough and I want to give back," Nelson said in a press release. "Now that legalization is spreading across the country, there's a great opportunity to build a company that can help a lot of people."

The award-winning musician said his line of cannabis has met a set of rigid and incalculable standards established through meetings with horticulturalists and cannabis farmers. The release said Nelson worked diligently to assure his line of marijuana maintained "a standard worthy of his name."

At 83, Nelson has had growers craft his product conscious of it's impact on the environment, the criminal justice system and the economy, mentioning in the release that his weed crops are cultivated in an "environmentally responsible" manner.

Additionally, as co-founder of the 1985 Farm Aid initiative that still provides funds to family farmers, Nelson mentioned his intent to bringing back small farms through pot farming.

One person who tested a strand of Nelson's new line of pot on YouTube described it as "tasty" and "flavorful," as well as moderately priced. The reviewer gave the marijuana a 5-out-of-5 rating.

Nelson said he hopes his product and legal marijuana consumption in general would bring justice to those who remain incarcerated for marijuana-related crimes.

The country star hopes his debut on the business side of pot will become as much a part of his legacy as his music, because as his release reminded - "he is, after all, the man who titled both a song and a book Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die."

williesreserve.jpg

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Willie Nelson Rolls Out New Line Of Marijuana, Willie's Reserve, In Washington
Author: Mariah Medina
Photo Credit: None Found

Back
Top Bottom