Willie Nelson's High Hopes For Marijuana

Jacob Redmond

Soon to be 82-year-old country music legend and legendary stoner, Willie Nelson is planning to sell his own strain of marijuana in the states that have legalized cannabis. The name of the strain is Willie's Reserve and is grade "A" quality.

Willie's Reserve will be available to the public as well as to dispensaries that meet Willie's high quality considerations. He would even consider selling his seeds to dispensaries that are of a certain quality. His main mission, however, is to employ small farmers. Nelson wants to create an environment where customers can buy whatever cannabis they need. He wants to open stores like Whole Foods for cannabis.

Nelson will market his Willie's Reserve strain and open stores or dispensaries in the states that have made marijuana legal. Right now, Nelson is planning to open stores in Colorado, Washington state and Alaska. These retail stores will be open as soon as next year. Nelson's stores will only offer what he believes to be grade "A" strains. He is excited to make this dream come true.

Nelson has a grade "A" quality business plan that he calls, the "anti-Walmart model." His business partner, Michael Bowman, marijuana lobbyist, said, "Personally, internally, that's what we call it." A standard that will require growers to account for carbon and will empower the small growers who are growing it the right way,organically. In order for other strains to be sold in his stores, they will have to have the same quality, beliefs and mission.

Nelson is a Texas native, Air Force veteran and longtime marijuana supporter who is not at all shy about his own marijuana use. Nelson's Reserve will market its own vaporizers. There will also be other paraphernalia offered from other companies that are of high quality.

It has not been said if Snoop Dogg, who is a friend of Nelson's, and a well-known stoner himself, will be assisting with the Willie's Reserve product development. It is also unknown if Marley Natural, a line of "heirloom Jamaican cannabis strains" named after Bob Marley, reggae legend, will be sold in Nelson's stores. Marley Natural will be released in 2016.

This next chapter in Willie's life seems only fitting for the man whose autobiography is titled, "Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die: Musings from the Road." In his book, Nelson hints that once he smoked marijuana on the White House roof when Carter was in office.

Willie has been a longtime supporter of cannabis as industrial hemp as well as marijuana and its legalization. He wants his stores to reflect his passion. Willie's family, strongly focuses on environmental and social issues, as well as the war on drugs. Their goal is to be a guiding light along the trail, while extracting themselves from the "goo of prohibition." Willie wants people to understand and see his morals and convictions. This will be seen in the store, as well as how Willie and Bowman will work with suppliers and operate the stores. The entire process will reflect Nelson's way of life.

Willie and Bowman met when Willie's wife, Annie, and Bowman co-founded the Sustainable Biodiesel Alliance in 2005. The two have been friends ever since. Bowman said he was working on renewable energy and sustainability issues in D.C. when he was introduced to Willie.

Willie has strong personal beliefs concerning marijuana and he is a smart businessman. Colorado is expected to net $1 billion in 2016 from marijuana sales. Bowman says about taking the math to the conservatives will be the best way to gain their support. Dollar signs have a tendency to quickly change people's minds and Bowman is hoping it will end prohibition. Nelson and Bowman plan to present their plan as a math equation, this is what is being spent on drugs, and if prohibition were to end, this intense energy and chemically intensive crops will become energy-efficient, environmentally benign crops that will create more products and more jobs. How much more conservative can that get?

Bowman said Willie's Reserve strain and stores will be presented on a state-by-state basis at least until the federal government does something different. This is a passionate goal for Willie and Bowman. The legalization of marijuana, either from a state-by-state basis, or at the federal level is the goal of many across the country. There has been legislation presented to Congress that would, at the minimum, support the states who have legalized marijuana, but it has failed thus far.

13669.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Willie Nelson?s Marijuana Strain
Author: Jeanette Smith
Photo Credit: None Found
Website: Guardian Liberty Voice | Breaking news, movie and TV reviews, and original content covering US news, politics, entertainment, sports, world news, technology, health, science, opinion, and blogs.

Already available?

About two or three months ago an indica dubbed "Willie Nelson's Private Reserve" was available for a short while. I had some, and it was very fine. Does anybody know if this was maybe a trial run?

Re: Already available?

About two or three months ago an indica dubbed "Willie Nelson's Private Reserve" was available for a short while. I had some, and it was very fine. Does anybody know if this was maybe a trial run?

Where are you (if you don't mind answering)? They had the Willie Reserve up in Denver about 5 months ago. Totally forgot about it but now you've got me thinking.....

:thumb:

I just love this man! If I could spend a day and an evening with just one person on this earth (other then my wife of course) it would be Willie! 65 year old male in Arizona.
My wife and I met Willie after a concert in Portland, Oregon several years ago. My wife is quite attractive and we were in the front row. She threw Willie a beaded scarf. He picked it up and acknowledged her. After the concert she got a Willie kiss on the mouth and I got a man hug. Told him I loved his soul. What a guy!

Where are you (if you don't mind answering)? They had the Willie Reserve up in Denver about 5 months ago. Totally forgot about it but now you've got me thinking.....

:thumb:

Los Angeles. Yeah, it hasn't been available except for that one time, and that may have been as far back as December.

for WA state, he should bypass all the bullshit regulation and partner with Native Tribes wanting to grow. get Willy's Grade A on the reservation and let the corrupt state run system fail on its own.

I have always loved Willie and his music .
I hope I live long enough to try this . I bet it will be as smooth and mellow as his voice .
I wish Willie all the best .

Good for Willie!! 82 and still going strong with that same old smile. I've always been a fan, in fact he's a legend in my book; been fighting the system the whole time. I wonder if his love for cannabis and music have helped him stay young all these years.

Los Angeles. Yeah, it hasn't been available except for that one time, and that may have been as far back as December.

They very well could have done a test run in both places. But then again we could be connecting dots that aren't there. I had some "Peyton Manning" not too long ago and you know that guy doesn't partake (although owning 21 Papa Johns franchises is pretty suspicious).

Back
Top Bottom