With The First One Under My Belt

Dubbs

I just finished my first grow and I'm starting on my second. I'm going to be rolling with an aeroponic system, under construction. Ill be using 2 part flora nova and kool bloom when it comes time. A 190 watt 8 lamp t5 sunwave in a 2x4x5 white neoprene grow tent. I already have my last northern lights seed germinated and I'm waiting on the AK 48 I ordered last week. 5 feminized from nirvana (gotta support the sponsors) I'll start getting photos up as soon as I'm all together.

Well, The NL i had left is germinated and looking good. I just got my order from nirvana and I put them in the coco and got em wet... I bought a new 400 gph pump to get the water flowing better. I set up a new reservoir in the interim too. I hope I do as good as last time. I'll be keeping you informed.

My new set up
20121221_094524.jpg
20121221_094519.jpg
20121219_081744.jpg

Ahh the holidays...
So this is my new setup, running great and looking good. I'm using the 13 on 5 off 1 on (cant remember the name) and it's got them huge in no time at all
20130102_150002.jpg
20130106_130131.jpg

Looking good! Very healthy and happy looking plants. :thumb:

You might want to consider either topping or bending the tallest one to keep them all at a more similar level. As time goes on, height disparities can keep you from placing your lights ideally. I like to wait until they have about 7-9 nodes, and then cut the top off above the second true node. If done right, the side branches will leave you with 4 main "tops". This would also even the height a little. If you do this in veg mode, any stress will be taken in stride prior to flower as long as you wait a week or so before you flip to a 12/12 style schedule.

Generally speaking, when growing indoors an "even" canopy will maximize your lighting.

Alternatively, you can use clips/twine/string/garden ties and gently bend the top down in order to get better development from the side branches and again, evening the height. This is called LST training. Here's a good example of LST (sorry if you are already familiar with LST or topping techniques, don't want to make any assumptions):

LST32.jpg

Congrats on the nice job so far! + rep :popcorn:

20130117_082315.jpg
20130117_082307.jpg

So how's my second grow gowing? This is 6 plants 5 ak48, 1 norther light. No sign of sex and I think I will start blooming next week

Heres my newest photos of the grow. This is 6 plants. Im hitting my light with the big one I NEED MORE ROOM!!!!!!
20130128_090931.jpg
20130128_090922.jpg
20130128_090921.jpg

That's a lot of plants for such limited space, in all honesty. They look healthy though! Nice job! :goodjob:

To help things a bit, perhaps you can trim up the bottom parts of the plants and thin some extra large fan leaves by plucking them out of there. Just make sure to leave a fan leave or two on top and you'll be fine. In crowded situations, I pluck any large fan leaves with long stems that are in my way or crowding the other plants and/or shadowing budsites, but save one or two at the top. It won't hurt the plant, and it'll still grow nice buds for you. Some of the best growers here have very few fan leaves at all on their plants.

In the future, if you use this same hydro-tote, consider flowering them much earlier or going with less plants to keep it manageable a bit. Based on when you transitioned to flower, these plants will "want" to be 2' wide and 3' tall or so by the time they are fully stretched in flower (maybe more!).

Have you switched to 12/12 lighting schedule yet (flowering)? If not, you have more options as to how you can manage those better. For example, if they are still in veg stage, you can cut the tops right off of them, to whatever size you want, and the side branches will take-over and reach for the canopy. Read up on "topping" plants for more info, but it's not a bad thing. Experienced growers do it so frequently that they don't think twice about it. This would give you a chance to manage them a bit better. If you "top" them, just give them a week or so before transitioning to flower, so they adjust to the changes before they deal with new stress of reduced lighting.

You could also consider just culling one or two or however many to make a little space. Good job so far!

Shitty news. I live in a townhouse and have landlords and such...The drain to my shower broke and leaked thru the ceiling...In my bedroom...where I'm growing...I have move my girls, this sucks. I didn't need this

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom