Budfarmer's Very First Grow! Bruce Banner, Mars 300W LED, Soil

Here's some updates!

Still trying to figure out the deficiency my plants have. I think I have it pinned down to a potassium problem which I have a potassium supplement on the way. Then once it's under control I plan on upping the flora nova to half strength to keep it under control.

420-magazine-mobile1250411474.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1589103899.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1339964947.jpg

Cindy is also showing same signs as the Bruce banner

420-magazine-mobile1711173765.jpg

I also think by this weekend I will top the Bruce banner and start planning on setting up my scrog.

Not much to update. Although I did try my hand at cloning today. Took two off the Bruce banner and also topped it. Hoping for the best and hoping to see more growth from these girls

Just curious, since you took your clones and topped, when do you plan on switching to flowering?

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*
I'm still going let it veg for awhile. Given the nutrient deficiency i think there was a growth stunt so would like a little more size before switching.

Hey guys! Been busy with the holidays so haven't been able to update alot lately. So here's my most recent update!

Nutrient defficency seems to be getting under control and I'm starting to see alot more growth in the plants! So I'm excited about that.

I topped the Bruce banner and it's doing great and looking extra bushy!

The Cindy wasn't ready to be topped yet when I did the banner. I'd like to now but I plan on switching to 12/12 in about a week so it's probably not a good idea right now.

This Friday the vent/charcoal system arrives so I can get that installed to help with any smells. Don't want to hear anything from the wife! Haha

Here's some update on the products!!

The mars hydro light has been great! It seems to give both pants plenty of light and stays pretty cool. Keeps the tent around 73* when on. I haven't had a single issue so far!

The Wi-Fi surge protector has been GREAT! Love being able to control all my equipment seperatly and from my phone remotely from anywhere. It's a definite must imo for ease of use.

I also have my pots setup on a heating mat/thermostat that way during the day when the fan and light is off it keeps the soil nice and warm (it's getting very cold around here)

I've also decide for this grow I will be leaving out the scrog. I don't want to overwhelm myself so for this I will do a normal grow so I can see how the plants work better and my next grow I will try.

I just want to thank everyone who's been following along so far and participating as well! Great talking to you All! Now for some quick up to date pictures
d6457b1c6611b966639cc6b539d90bfc.jpg
4e910388f0dfa814f63d2e7f1a6c1567.jpg
90beafec63f3620c04bd1725e8f284e9.jpg

Got the filter and fan in today! Man that thing is HUGE! Took a little effort but got it all attached neatly. And man does it suck! Had to open multiple vents to the tent so it did not completely suck itself in. The fan controller comes tomorrow so I'll be able to turn it down a notch. On a positive note my plants are now getting fresh air pulled into the tent constantly.

And FINALLY I've switched to 12/12! So very excited to take the next step!

Should I continue using my grow nutrients for a little or should I go straight to the flower nutrients?
d2fbdfe285c887c4727c396908316a58.jpg

Some ppl say to transition slowly. I think I just started then slow on flower nutes. 1/4 or half strength for a couple days or something like that. But I also know lots of ppl just switch right away without any slow introduction or weaning off
Thanks for the info swag. I started with half strength and after their first feeding their looking great. Lots of growth going on right now. Every day they look different.

Update

64 days from seed.

Checked both plants tonight and now that their in the bloom stage their doing great! Seems whatever nutrient problem there was it worked itself out and now the plants are looking very healthy. As I've said before the Cindy is feminised while the banner is unknown. Looking at it tonight I think it's a female! From what I see it looks like it's showing it's first white pistils but I'd like to see what you guys think as well since this is my first grow. I gotta say this is very exciting!

As far as equipment the fan seems to do a great job keeping the smell down.

I still love the ease of programming with the Wi-Fi outlet. It was very easy changing my settings for my 4 different devices I have hooked up.

And last but not least my mars hydro light has performed flawlessly so far! I'm very happy with it and when the cash allows I will be purchasing another one to add to my second tent I want to setup so I can start clones/seeds in one and flower in the other.

c2a3ff808da1486b2dbe1eeed31c371d.jpg

6a0fbfe0e8b2f63175251eae45397e44.jpg

Looks like white hairs to me!
1649c050566e93aecf55cea4166e0894.jpg

1dc0e633b6ffe97b78c8dabc186b6d18.jpg

Looks like a female, the white hairs are pistils
Awesome! That's what I figured but figures it didn't hurt to ask for an opinion since this would be my first time seeing this myself. That just brings up the excitement even more now knowing I have two females and all that work wasn't wasted!

Did a little LST on the Bruce banner and it's taking to it very well. The Cinderella I did not top and only doing minimal lst. Would like to see the difference as it's my first grow. (Although I know different strains will show different results) I can definitely say tho that I will always top and LST from here on after. The Bruce banner has many thick bud sites and very bushy where the Cindy is quite "thinner" looking.

d6387a314baec8fd97107afb5c627bb9.jpg
c328ac8c07b6f0482615220a0af70e82.jpg
d304aa8a966610dde90d99ae7fc165ad.jpg
7feb02bf692f5dc50ec4f118a7ea1966.jpg
89c56d61bfde1fd8b509586b3130c584.jpg
6b9d8e419742d2ec8bfb5f96f4d430e7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom