Worms

Leary

I took a little sample bud to see how the high is from my plants right now, and when I broke open a big nug of it after it dried I found a live worm in the nug :thedoubletake:
it is truly a horrible feeling to find a worm in your pot :(
does anyone know how to prevent this? I don't want a bunch of more worms in all of my plants when I harvest...
thanks,
pz

Re: Worms :(

"after it dries"

is it possible worm found drying nug?
are your plants suffering?

what a bummer though, man.

They are really not a big deal. These must be out door girls huh? Moths and butterflies lay eggs @ night and the hatch in to worms that will eat your buds if you don't inspect them daily and pick them off.

Look for brown spots on your flowers... That's usually a sign that a worm is present. With a small pair of tweezers pick them off and you should be fine. The worms also leave a trail of black pellets(shit) in thier path. This is another way to spot them.

Good luck!

They are really not a big deal.

I COULD NOT DISAGREE MORE. They are most likely cutworms and will destroy your buds if left unchecked. They eat buds from the inside out and they are most dangerous during the last 2 weeks of flowering when your buds are the stickiest. Look through all your buds and pluck and kill any you find. Also, neem oil works good as a deterrent, but you still need to manually hunt them.

-Umpsy

Thanks for all of the feed back everyone
The one I found in my bud was small and yellow, but the ones I normally find on my plants (yeah there outdoors, and they are near my house so I check them multiple times a day for worms, and other pests) are bright green and can get quite larger then the one I found
Today is the 55th day my plants have been budding, and i'm planning on harvesting pretty soon (maybe the 60th day) so I guess I will just keep on picking them off until then

Back
Top Bottom