Would like to have a couple opinions about air pumps and air stones

pete2

I'm running 4 DWC 5 gal containers. I need to upgrade my air pump with a larger one.
My question is= what size pump and what size air stones would I need to be sufficiently supplying air to my girls ? The DWC containers have app. 2.5 gal of water in them. Opinions and suggestions would be appreciated.

:thanks::thumb::thanks:

I'm running 4 DWC 5 gal containers. I need to upgrade my air pump with a larger one.
My question is= what size pump and what size air stones would I need to be sufficiently supplying air to my girls ? The DWC containers have app. 2.5 gal of water in them. Opinions and suggestions would be appreciated.

I'd say you need at least a 20lpm. 45lpm if you really want to get the bubbles going.

You want a minimum of (.0014 m3/min)/gallon

x 10 DWC's = .014m3/min for the whole system. That's about 14lpm and you always want to over compensate a little. So 20lpm would be a good minimum number to go with.

I'd say you need at least a 20lpm. 45lpm if you really want to get the bubbles going.

x 10 DWC's = .014m3/min for the whole system. That's about 14lpm and you always want to over compensate a little. So 20lpm would be a good minimum number to go with.

Thanks for the insight. Would I need larger air stones?

I'm not sure what you have. I have only ever used the ones that are about the size of a spent toilet paper tube. The ones that are half of that size would probably work though. I wouldn't go any smaller than that.

Thanks for the reply. I don't know much about lpm or gph, What do you think about a 120 volt, 41 watt, 951gph pump? The one I have is 254 gph and is 2.1 psi,so I'm thinking that will almost be 3x more than the one I have.

Thanks for the reply. I don't know much about lpm or gph, What do you think about a 120 volt, 41 watt, 951gph pump? The one I have is 254 gph and is 2.1 psi,so I'm thinking that will almost be 3x more than the one I have.

That should do the trick. It's a little overkill, but there's nothing wrong with that when it comes to oxygen.

Back
Top Bottom