XS3000 Pro Review by GDB

Lucky me recently got to grow some weed under a pair of ViparSpectra XS3000 Pros! It's a wonder of a light and is nearly a work of art:

1700505346951.png

It's really single XS1500 Pros connected with thin metal rods. Designed to cover a 2x4. A a pair of them is ideal for a 4x4 tent.

In addition, it's not heavy in the least. It's easy to move around, raise and lower.

Best of all, IMO, they are cost-friendly!

Their coverage is mostly even and impressive.
1700505528859.png

They come fitted with a new type of lens that seems to kick their effectiveness up a notch. I got easily got bigger buds using these lights and I think it's due, at least in part, to those lenses.
1700505707319.png

This time around they hung over a Forbidden Fruit, a Slurricane and a Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner, all photoperiods.

They were started from seed under a @ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro in a 2x2 tent.
Here they are today on their Day 23 (left to right, Slurricane (Slur), Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner (GP x BB), Forbidden Fruit (FF))

Babies 7-11-23 D23.jpg

The next day they were up-potted and moved into my 4x4 tent under the 3000 Pro.
1700506208096.png

They were flipped on their day 43.
1700506451349.png

From here, the Forbidden Fruit (right) would stretch to be way taller than the other 2 plants! This is where the versatility of having a 2-light set up really became clear.

Eventually I had to hang the lights at different heights to accommodate the height differences.

Twenty-eight days after flip the rear light was hanging higher for the tall FF (rear). Had these plants been under a single light, the two in the front would have to be elevated to maintain equal distance from the light for all of the plants!

1700506762282.png

In the end, all of these plants produced well. Fat, hard buds abounded all around! The pair of ViparSpectra XS3000s out-performed my previous single 4x4 light by, well, light years!

1700507113811.png

I would highly recommend one of these for a 2x4 tent or two of them for a 4X4. Having two in a 4x4 allows you to effectively divide your light intensity according to the needs of plants that differ in height. Great!

Thanks @ViparSpectra for the opportunity to put the puppies into action!

BTW, I took clones of the Forbidden Fruits referenced in this review. They're currently basking under the XS3000 Pros on their Day 40. I know they'll be taking off soon!

FFc 11-19-23 D39.jpg

Thank you very much for sharing with us your experiences of growing, the use of lighting, and the choice of tents with lighting! :thumb: :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom