VIPARSPECTRA XS1500 PRO Unboxing & Review

This will be an ongoing thread over the next 3 months in conjunction with my VIPARSPECTRA XS1500 PRO - ATOMIC JELLY grow journal. I will be reporting on the pros and cons of this light throughout the grow, as well as a final analysis based on flower yield and quality. I was given this light and a 2x2x4 tent from VIPARSPECTRA in return for writing this review and journaling 2 grows with the light.

Lets start with the unboxing.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg

Initial impressions:
Light arrived well packaged and in a discreet box. Upon opening I was immediately impressed with the build quality. The projected PAR maps look incredible, and the features are fantastic. I Used an XS4000 in my last grow and was VERY impressed, this light seems to be built to the same standards. I'm excited to see what it will do in a small space.

The features of ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro:
1. OPTICAL LENSES DESIGN DIMMABLE LED GROW LIGHT

VIPARSPECTRA 2023 new arrival XS1500 Pro grow light has optical lenses design that ensures more concentrated light and less light loss to achieve the most uniform PPFD for optimal photosynthesis and growth, ensuring plants absorb balanced PPFD in each corner, enhancing balanced growth for healthier growth and higher yields.

2. DIMMING DAISY CHAIN GROW LIGHTS
The dimming daisy chain feature allows you to connect up to 20pcs XS1500 Pro for unified dimming, especially beneficial for your commercial growing, horizontal and vertical farming, greenhouse planting and hydroponics, etc. The external dimmer give you the flexibility to manipulate light levels for perfect growth performance at all stages.

3. OPTIMIZED SPECTRUM & SUPERIOR HEAT DISSIPATION
Consists of 660nm red light, 3000K 5000K white light, and 730nm Infrared (IR) light, emits a wide waveband to provide plants in all stages from veg to flower with everything they need in the natural sunlight. Silent fan-less design. The large areas of solid aluminum heat-sinks is essential for heat dissipation while ensuring a long lifespan.

4. LOWER RUNNING COST GROW LIGHT FIXTURE
Consumes only 150W compared to traditional 250W HPS/MH! Perfect for 3x3 ft vegetative coverage and 2x2 ft flowering coverage. 2pcs XS1500 Pro fixtures are prefect for 4X2 ft grow tent. Remember to properly adjust the brightness accordingly to your plants desired level for optimal growth.

@ViparSpectra #viparspectra #XS1500 PRO

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

XS1500 PRO is mainly designed with lens.

higher cost performance help grower save more cost and get more harvest!

liftoff.jpg

Our seedling sprouted today. One thing I'm noticing about this light is how incredibly EVEN the coverage is. The other small low cost lights I've used have significant PAR drop-off and show significant banding when taking photos under them. The XS1500 pro is giving me a nice even PAR footprint across the whole 2x2 and photos are showing no banding (bright lines of light and shadow across the whole image).

So far I'm very impressed.

praybaby.jpg

Just hours above ground and the seedling is already praying to the light, looking happy as can be. So far everything is looking outstanding. Solid build quality. Even light distribution. I have my 6inch cloudline exhaust set to 3 and the tent is holding a nice 78 degrees, so a very reasonable heat output. The XS1500 PRO is looking like a great choice for small spaces.

liftoff.jpg

Our seedling sprouted today. One thing I'm noticing about this light is how incredibly EVEN the coverage is. The other small low cost lights I've used have significant PAR drop-off and show significant banding when taking photos under them. The XS1500 pro is giving me a nice even PAR footprint across the whole 2x2 and photos are showing no banding (bright lines of light and shadow across the whole image).

So far I'm very impressed.
Uniform PPFD distribution is one of the biggest features of XS1500 PRO. With even and good penetration, the plants will also grow more evenly.

:thanks:

cat-5.jpg

Alright friends, I had to step away for some medical procedures but I'm back to finish this journal up with a smoke report and wrap-up.

The Category 5 grown in a 1 gallon hempy in a 2x2x4 tent under the VIPARSPECTRA XS1500PRO light yielded us 5.1 ounces of quality smoke. None of the nugs are impressively large, but they are dense and frosty considering the low wattage they were grown under.

The light is well constructed and performed well during all stages of growth.

Cracking the jar the smell is creamy, fruity, floral forward. Not very skunky, or gassy, but certainly loud. Breaking into a nug leaves your fingers sticky and releases a much more berry forward aroma.

The Smoke:
Category 5's fruit salad flavor comes with a skunky, piney twist, giving fans of Grape strains, cookies, and classic Skunk or Kush strains something to look forward to. The high, considered better for nighttime, is also versatile, relaxing stress while leaving enough juice in my body and brain for a project. The delicate balance is hard to imagine with a strain name that conjures sloppy drunkenness, but at least Category 5's buds deliver on that promise. The plant's bright color seems straight out of a wine cooler.

Most of Category 5's characteristics are pretty modern: a fruity flavor profile, a thick hide of trichomes and a potent high that crosses the line between mind and body. The high isn't anxiety-ridden or debilitating, though. Instead, sessions with Category 5 made me uber-focused on one thing at a time, which is far from what I've come to expect from cannabis. That stoned concentration can become overbearing, however, so keep something interesting on hand before smoking Category 5, or you may be caught in a storm of disenchantment.

That wraps this journal up. I hope you had fun and maybe learned something. I know I learned a few lessons. Thanks for stopping by.

@420 please move this journal to the completed journals section. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom