Yellow & rust colored spots: can’t figure this out

where would all your extra calcium be coming from?
Not sure just trying to eliminate possibilities I guess. Added more calmag+ (5ml) for few days now and still worsening quickly.
I buy the ro water from the store but it’s 60-80ppm (EC 0.12 ish?) and after using the calculator I should be around 80-90 ppm calcium. I’m not sure if that’s too high or low.
Also should have 60-70 ppm magnesium each time so maybe that’s too low? If it’s enough then would have to be locked out right?

Early signs are showing on my healthy one now. Id hate to lose both of them.

mulders chart.png

If it is a lockout, here is what has to be causing it. You could cause this by adding too much potash (K) or too much calcium (Ca). Not much else locks out magnesium.

mulders chart.png

If it is a lockout, here is what has to be causing it. You could cause this by adding too much potash (K) or too much calcium (Ca). Not much else locks out magnesium.
Still progressing and can’t seem to slow it, although the buds are still looking alright.

Just had a quick question.. yesterday I noticed tiny “worms” in the runoff tray and quite a bit of them. I assume they’re nematodes and I have no clue how they got into the coco. Idk what kind they are but if they’re the harmful type, could that be causing my issue?

Idk if you have experience with them, I figured I’d ask since I read they can’t cause issues that look like ph or nutrient problems.

Sounds like springtails and if so, they are harmless... they eat the decomposing root and fungal matter.

If there is an overload of something in there, possibly a good flush will get rid of it and get you back to a baseline?
I might end up having to. And there are springtails but also these worms as well.
I scoped it and only thing it resembles after googling it were nematodes. It’s a sort of translucent-ish worm, very small and a crap ton of them.
I have since read that the harmful ones are quite rare so perhaps that’s not it either.

Here’s an updated picture of my Zkittlez plant that’s really suffering
DA721040-F237-4AF0-ACB8-D1F5C7DB2D5F.jpeg
15848E9D-1670-44F6-AA17-922AF9ADCD60.jpeg
168F207D-C001-4131-8146-8C807505726F.jpeg
D2E1A8AB-36D2-4AF3-BC6E-4C63A86F494D.jpeg
A3BCA062-E304-44ED-95B1-70EF729E614D.jpeg

And this is the GelatOG plant that is showing early symptoms and I’m trying my hardest to prevent it from worsening..
DC522CB2-D1CE-4D0B-8187-CEDB3C85D07A.jpeg
EE3896F4-2BB4-4BB7-9846-5E7A9E89370D.jpeg
89C306A6-7783-46D4-8161-15E59E77451D.jpeg

On the Zkittlez the majority of the symptoms are at the top most shoots.

And like that last picture of the Gelatog, the bottoms leaves on it still look mostly healthy and green. The orange/rust spots are on the very top leaves only, and on the edges.

I’ve assumed that it likely has to be one of the immobile nutrients.

The only two that I’ve found that remotely resemble the symptoms are calcium and boron. I know boron is a bit more unlikely but from what I’ve read, it showing at the very top, the orange blotches between margins, and the ends curling up all look just like the photos I’ve seen of it. Boron def can also mimic Ca and Mg deficiency symptoms.
More likely when using highly filtered RO water and I do get my RO water from the grocery store machine.

If it was magnesium, wouldn’t symptoms show more at the bottom since it’s mobile or not necessarily?
I’m so stumped trying to save them.

I hope I’m not bothering you Emily. I know you help a lot of people on here.

Yes, you are correct... magnesium is considered to be semi mobile, so its symptoms can show up all over the plant and usually starts out low before jumping around a bit. Your damage up top looks to be that Calcium is lacking.
Ok.. I’ve been giving between 5-8ml per gallon of calmag for about 2 weeks now which should give me around 80-90ppm of calcium. Maybe that’s not enough since it doesn’t seem to stop getting worse? Also yesterday started using half tap water/half ro water thinking that may help add some as well.
If it doesn’t stop soon, should I assume lock out?

Ok.. I’ve been giving between 5-8ml per gallon of calmag for about 2 weeks now which should give me around 80-90ppm of calcium. Maybe that’s not enough since it doesn’t seem to stop getting worse? Also yesterday started using half tap water/half ro water thinking that may help add some as well.
If it doesn’t stop soon, should I assume lock out?
I would certainly consider it.. but what would be locking it out?

I would certainly consider it.. but what would be locking it out?
Using that chart,
If the problem is magnesium, it would have to be Potassium or Calcium excess?
And if the problem is calcium it would likely have to be either potassium, phosphorus or magnesium excess? Doubt it would be Iron, Boron, Zinc or Manganese.

I’ve been giving around 100-110ppm potassium, 60-70ppm phosphorus and 60-80ppm magnesium (if the CannaStats calculator is accurate).

Maybe I’ve given too much magnesium throughout the grow with always adding the Epsom salts? Looking back, my ratio of Ca to Mg was almost 1:1 and I’ve since seen someone recommend that it should be closer to 2 parts Ca to 1 part Mg. Is that true?
For instance, I had been giving around 67ppm Mg and 73ppm Ca and at one point thinking it could be Mg deficiency I increased to 81ppm Mg to 84ppm Ca and it didn’t seem to help slow symptoms at all.

What I’m using now is 50ppm Mg to 80ppm Ca.

Maybe I’ve given too much magnesium throughout the grow with always adding the Epsom salts?
Bingo... I think this one answers it. I have always advised people not to put more than a tablespoon of epsom in their soil, over the life of the grow, and if you have been adding it each time, of course this is the problem. Mulder's chart to the rescue once again

Bingo... I think this one answers it. I have always advised people not to put more than a tablespoon of epsom in their soil, over the life of the grow, and if you have been adding it each time, of course this is the problem. Mulder's chart to the rescue once again
I hope so.
Also I’m using coco instead of soil, if that changes anything.

Buds still look alright I hope it’s salvageable.
8A36154B-1F7E-4A6F-8204-A51CEA7DA7A4.jpeg

Attachments

• 76D9D746-1AA7-4B61-A929-AAF4A54D3129.jpeg
    76D9D746-1AA7-4B61-A929-AAF4A54D3129.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 46
coco does change things... flush all of that extra epsom out of there then and lets reset this thing.
Ok when flushing coco should I use calmag water to do it? I know plain water disrupts the cation exchange.
I have GH florakleen as well.
If it's any consolation to you my last 2 grows did the same as yours. They looked like pure hell at the end but lots of great bud came off of them
That does help. I would hate to get nothing from a few months of work. Buds do look really good under my new light though. Just gotta get my nutrient ratios dialed in.

Back
Top Bottom