Yellowing at week 6 of Autoflower? Please advise!

Seniorweeder

Hey guys, I'm at week 6 old and 10 days into flower on my first grow of a "Tangerine Dream" auto. I did top her after 4th node, and did some LST at first signs of pre-flowers. She was fed Advanced Nutrients 3 part mix thru veg, then a couple weeks back I switched to Fox Farms "Tiger Bloom" only in tap water. F.F.s recommends 10/15 ml per gallon for autos, so I took it easy and used 7 ml to start. Literally over night these partial yellow leaves appeared. Is it normal at this point into flower or is there an issue that needs attention. It happened so quick it alarmed me, there are about 4 total lower fan leaves affected so far! Thanks as always for your time!

Tang Yellowing 4-25-21.jpg

Most likely the start of Nitrogen deficiency. Tiger Bloom has very little Nitrogen in it, and then you've halved the dose. It's an excessively high Phosphorus fertilizer, which is totally unnecessary for cannabis. See the graphs is THIS POST

Most likely the start of Nitrogen deficiency. Tiger Bloom has very little Nitrogen in it, and then you've halved the dose. It's an excessively high Phosphorus fertilizer, which is totally unnecessary for cannabis. See the graphs is THIS POST
Ok "farside05", that makes since especially after I checked out the graphs u loaded for me. Question now? I read where "Autos" don't need as much help with nutes as photos, I am just trying like everybody else to pump up the buds a bit but not at the risk of damaging the plants. My soil is F.F. Coco-loco and has nutes built in, but should I now stop using the Tiger Bloom, and go back to using part of the Advanced Nutes with the higher "N" numbers?

Those leaves look really dark to me, I have difficulty thinking it has a deficiency of nitrogen.
To "Sueet", as far as darkness, its funny, literally half the plant is darker and half is lighter! Not sure if it shows in the picture taken from my flip phone,,, YESSSSS I said flip phone, "I'm old"! The right side is darker!

Tan Top, half dark green.JPG

I finally got the helpline at "Advanced Nutes", he told me to go back to the 3 part base nutes and get away from the Tiger Bloom, of course they are gong to push their product, but he made some since. After I told him this one plant of 4 Autos is the darker one and only showing the yellowing issue,,he recommended a good flush, and using half the nutes which I have been and maybe try adding their "Big Bud" in combination! Any thoughts???

Advanced Nutes.JPG

I finally got the helpline at "Advanced Nutes", he told me to go back to the 3 part base nutes and get away from the Tiger Bloom, of course they are gong to push their product, but he made some since. After I told him this one plant of 4 Autos is the darker one and only showing the yellowing issue,,he recommended a good flush, and using half the nutes which I have been and maybe try adding their "Big Bud" in combination! Any thoughts???

Advanced Nutes.JPG
How are you @Seniorweeder I don't use that line of nutrients or that soil .
But I'd get a schedule for them and use them as recommended. Autos need as much nutrients as any other plant. Also I cut back on my nitrogen at this stage and eventually cut it out completely. But im in coco so thats just my method.
I personally think they are fairly dark. Which usually indicates they have sufficient nitrogen.
Mag is mobile and I've seen it drain out and turn leaves and turn them yellow like that. Just my 2 cents hope it helps.
Bill

Thanks so much as always "Bill284" for your time and input friend. As far as everything I have read the "auto's" need less nutes than photo's, which is why I have been taking it easy on them. Its my first auto attempt and has been truly a fun ride for this old man, they take off and keep U excited for sure. Based on what the A.N.s guy told me today I am leaning towards a good flush tomorrow for all 4 plants which I usually don't do until close to harvest time, then going back to their line, the base nutes then I ordered their "Big Bud" stuff to add soon as it gets here.

Funny thing is this Tangerine Dream with the yellowing problem is the first to flower and was topped, but the others 3 are looking perfect, 1 Tangerine Dream not topped and 1 Blueberry topped and 1 not, but none of the others are displaying this problem! I am including a night time pic of the 2 non topped plants for the heck of it! Thanks my friend!

Tan and Blue 4-26-21.jpg

Thanks so much as always "Bill284" for your time and input friend. As far as everything I have read the "auto's" need less nutes than photo's, which is why I have been taking it easy on them. Its my first auto attempt and has been truly a fun ride for this old man, they take off and keep U excited for sure. Based on what the A.N.s guy told me today I am leaning towards a good flush tomorrow for all 4 plants which I usually don't do until close to harvest time, then going back to their line, the base nutes then I ordered their "Big Bud" stuff to add soon as it gets here.

Funny thing is this Tangerine Dream with the yellowing problem is the first to flower and was topped, but the others 3 are looking perfect, 1 Tangerine Dream not topped and 1 Blueberry topped and 1 not, but none of the others are displaying this problem! I am including a night time pic of the 2 non topped plants for the heck of it! Thanks my friend!

Tan and Blue 4-26-21.jpg

I've always fed my autos exactly the same as my photos. I haven't found that autos require less feed.

Tan and Blue 4-26-21.jpg
There could be several reasons that one girl is going yellow. Flush and feed again hopefully that works. Fantastic work on those autos.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom