Help! Leaves are turning yellow in 4th week of flowering.

Easy420hooker

420 Member
In the 4th week of flowering and the leaves are turning yellow and falling off. Yellowing started at the bottom and going to the top. Buds are starting to turn Amber. Growing under full spectrum led lights. Using Fox Farm Ocean soil, Fox Farm Big Bloom, and distilled water. Soil is adequately moist but pH is a little over 7.
Any advice? Solutions?

Attachments

• IMG_20180801_100120.jpg
    IMG_20180801_100120.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_20180801_100114.jpg
    IMG_20180801_100114.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20180801_100105.jpg
    IMG_20180801_100105.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_20180801_100100.jpg
    IMG_20180801_100100.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 170
Leaves die and fall off...fairly normal. An overall pic of the plant would help. If she looks mostly green and healthy, no sweat. Not sure how much additional BB you are adding, but FF soil and BB (as they prescribe dosage) might be heavy on the nutrients. Most people add 1/2 to a 1/3 of what they advise. What is your current watering schedule?

Are you using Tiger bloom also, or just the big bloom? Big bloom is micronutrients. Tiger bloom is macros if I am not mistaken. I think your plant is hungry for macros. I don't use the big bloom as I am cheap. And caution, I have to use tiger bloom at half strength or lower or i get nute burn but also this depends on the tds of your water. Start doses low and go up. I am in the 4-5 week of flowering an unknown indica dominant. I may try big bloom next time around, sparingly. I also give mine epsom salt and molasses mix for cal-mag plus micros and sugars.. For what it is worth, it is my first grow also, so do not take it as gospel. Also tiger bloom will drop your ph. My tap is at 7.5. If I add 1 teaspoon of tiger bloom it goes down to 6.

Just out of curiosity.....why are you using distilled? How bad is your tap? You probably need cal-mag too. Distilled has nothing except a stable ph.

Leaves die and fall off...fairly normal. An overall pic of the plant would help. If she looks mostly green and healthy, no sweat. Not sure how much additional BB you are adding, but FF soil and BB (as they prescribe dosage) might be heavy on the nutrients. Most people add 1/2 to a 1/3 of what they advise. What is your current watering schedule?

Attachments

• IMG_20180801_171037.jpg
    IMG_20180801_171037.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_20180801_171048.jpg
    IMG_20180801_171048.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 268

I have been using the recommended dosage of BB and I water almost every 3 days, but I cut back after testing with a meter. I use a pH/moisture/light meter to regulate the soil.

Are you using Tiger bloom also, or just the big bloom? Big bloom is micronutrients. Tiger bloom is macros if I am not mistaken. I think your plant is hungry for macros. I don't use the big bloom as I am cheap. And caution, I have to use tiger bloom at half strength or lower or i get nute burn but also this depends on the tds of your water. Start doses low and go up. I am in the 4-5 week of flowering an unknown indica dominant. I may try big bloom next time around, sparingly. I also give mine epsom salt and molasses mix for cal-mag plus micros and sugars.. For what it is worth, it is my first grow also, so do not take it as gospel. Also tiger bloom will drop your ph. My tap is at 7.5. If I add 1 teaspoon of tiger bloom it goes down to 6.

Just out of curiosity.....why are you using distilled? How bad is your tap? You probably need cal-mag too. Distilled has nothing except a stable ph.

I started off distilled water and just stuck with that. I have not been using Tiger Bloom, but I forgot to mention that I have used a little Bud Candy. I have Cal-Mag, but am afraid to add any more nutrients until I figure out if I have too much or too little yet. This is also my first grow.

Overall, she looks ok...I suggest using a larger fabric pot on your next grow...part of your issue may be she is really root bound and dropping excess baggage in the form of fan leaves. But yeah, at this point leaves will wither and fall...pick them off and keep growing!!
:cool:
Would it be OK to transplant at this point. I just got done sewing up some fabric pots for next grow

Overall, she looks ok...I suggest using a larger fabric pot on your next grow...part of your issue may be she is really root bound and dropping excess baggage in the form of fan leaves. But yeah, at this point leaves will wither and fall...pick them off and keep growing!!
:cool:
Can he put them in a bigger pot.? I ask cuz im two weeks into flower and thinking about transplanting

Back
Top Bottom