Yellowing Leaves

Zigga

I have a plant that I have been growing for about a month now and recently the leaves have started turning yellow. I have the plant outside using Fox farm ocean nutes and watering it with room temp dasani. It rains pretty frequently but idk if i should add more water. What should I do?

Hey Zigga, the best thing you can do is post pics. really so much easier to identify problems when you can see them. I wouldn't water with dasani at all and as far as it raining a lot, I would suggest only giving them a little extra when either you notice them leaves reaching super upward then what I like to call flopping.(basically last chance to water if you catch it soon enough). And when they yellow or something along the lines of a problem, figure what nut/nuts they are in need of and then will also get a little extra water that way. Always checking the ph of the water before you feed it them. My first plant I just fed water out the sink and the ph out of there is roughly 8.4. The plant went into ph shock super yellowed, and had mad stunted growth for a month.

20131017_104340.jpg

hi,

it looks to me like you have possibly got 2 problems, 1 is to much nutrients, in compost you dont need to give nutrients until about week 4 to 6 as the compost/soil can support the plant all that time, so it looks to me like its getting to much nutrients for the size of the plant,

the other problem i think you may have is over watering, the roots need oxygen as much as they need water, so to much water will badly stunt growth and then the plant cant take in the nutrients it needs. its best to let the soil dry out before you water again, i let my pots go totally dry so the plant is actually top heavy and the pot very light, my growth is much better using this method

Back
Top Bottom