Yellowing leaves in seedling stage

Kyriakos

Hello guys!!!

My seedlings inner leaves has started to become light green/yellow and if you look closely on the picture you can see that the tips of the smaller leaves look burnt. I have a 600w MH lamp with cooltube and I raised it 10cm yesterday to be around 50cm from the plant.
I made a mistake and transplanted my seedling too early into bigger pots and the growth has been slow since germination (pic was taken 16 days after sprouted).

I have a problem understanding when the seedling phase ends and when you should start feeding nutrients for the vegetative stage.
Yesterday I gave the plant 50% of recommended nutrient dose to see if the yellowing is because it is time to start feeding.

Could someone help me solve this issue with the yellowing leaves?

seedling40.jpg

The vegetative mode starts when the first true leaves develop. I think its a little early for nutes especially 50%. If i would feed that early i would fed at least 1/4 or 25%. I think i am seeing some burning tips so if the problem continues i would flush with ph'd water.

I don't see much yellowing, just some light green which i think is normal in that stage. I am not an expert so i would consider the opinion of some more experience guys in here.

there looks to be a little bit of nute burn you should probably just flush her other than that it looks fine

Thank you for your answers. I will flush the plant if the yellowing does not go away. I attach two new pictures of the plant that were taken yesterday. Are the three fingered leaves the second set of true leaves in total? If that is the case, when is the start of the vegetative period?

seedling_22.jpg
seedling_31.jpg

I would say that looks about like the start of week 1

I want to say that "true leaves" means the first ones after the cotyledons but I could be wrong

You should start a grow journal so the good people here can help you every step of the way

Another thing, does your soil have nutrients in it? most do in order to help the plant get through it's first month of growth. What soil are you using?

Thank you for your answers. I will flush the plant if the yellowing does not go away. I attach two new pictures of the plant that were taken yesterday. Are the three fingered leaves the second set of true leaves in total? If that is the case, when is the start of the vegetative period?

seedling_22.jpg
seedling_31.jpg

What is the PH of your soil? It should be around 6.5. The "yellowing" may not go away. The important thing is to look at the new growth. The first time I had problems I was looking for the yellow to go away. It may not on those leaves. If new growth is green you should be good. :peace:

I waited to water until the pot got dry and the yellowing slowly dissapeared, thank you for fast help!!! Things are looking fine now with the colour of the leaves but I have another issue now with some leaves having holes.. looks like some bug took a snack or am I wrong? Do you recognise this or have any idea what it can be?

leave_holes.jpg
leave_holes_2.jpg
leave_holes_3.jpg

If you are foliar feeding it than I would say that your light burned the holes afterwards

Back
Top Bottom