Yellowing Tips?

LoveGreen

Hi guys, I just wanted to check if I'm on the right track here. 18 days ago, I planted two seeds and both have been doing well, aside from a few problems here and there. One seedling is Afghan Kush and she began to droop and look sad, but now after I fixed it, she seems lively and colorful.

Afghan_14.JPG
Afghan_24.JPG

The other seedling (bag seed) was doing well too. The reason I planted this seed was because I loved, loved, loved the smoke. I am from India and this smoke was too amazing for me to let go, so I planted it. He/she seemed to do well but I notice some problems.
Yellowing_11.jpg
Yellowing21.jpg
Canna6.jpg

Soil is a mix of coco peat, perlite, vermiculite, vermicompost and some bone meal that contains N, P, K and other microbes. It also has minimal amounts of Calcium and Magnesium too. However, I read that you must add dolomite lime whenever you use coco and since I haven't done that, I'm suspecting that this is a Calcium or Magnesium deficiency.

Of course, this is just a guess because I don't know much about plants and am still learning. This could also be a nitrogen deficiency because the compost only has 4-3-3 levels of NPK.

Here are the levels of nutrients in the mix:

Dry Matter - 88%

Organic Matter - 65%

Nitrogen - 4%

Phosphorus - 3%

Potassium - 3%

MgO - 1%

Calcium - 9%

Sulphur - 0.5%

C/N Ratio - 9

Other Trace Element
B, Co, Mo, Cu, Fe, Mn, Zn

Can anyone tell me what could be wrong here? Or could the brown spot occur due to a water drop that was left there? The yellowing tips are beginning to freak me out and I don't want to lose this one.

Oh and I also saw some mold on the peat, so I'll have to take special care of the potting mix from now on. I'll have to adjust the soil so that it drains well.

pH is about 6.3

One more question and this might sound stupid, but how do you check the soil pH? I know that you gotta check the runoff but what if the plants don't need watering at that time? I'm worried that it could cause over-watering if I keep checking the runoff every time I check the pH.

Thank you for reading this and any help will be appreciated.

Yes I grew them only in a cup with coco peat and perlite until now but the roots grew quickly and I had transplant them into a nutrient rich soil..

1. Don't worry too much about a couple of yellow tips. Leaves are expendable. Worry if it seems like the yellowing is really spreading. Anything could have caused it but if you transplanted that'd do it; so would fertilizers and burns from a light.

2. I would lay off all fertilizers and various juices. Just use water. If you have pretty good soil your plant will be fine.

3. If things go from bad to worse get a great big magnifying glass and check for bugs.

Good luck.

After a complete day of researching and trying to find out what was wrong, I'm ready to kick myself in the face. yes, you guys are right - the soil's too hot. Plus, my pH meter's not calibrated and I screwed up there too. Anyway, I read that it's not too important to adjust pH while growing in something completely organic, but I tried adjusting the pH today and it went all wrong. The pH shot up to 7.5 or so and would NOT come down at all. The soil began smelling like ammonia too and I read that this could be because it's becoming anaerobic. They say that I should just dry the soil and use it only after a few days, when it's completely dry and free of any odor.

So I don't know what to do because I'm worried that I will cause more shock if I transplant again. I just transplanted them this morning because of the swing in the pH. I've made so many mistakes that I feel really demoralized right now. It's a problem where I read too much and try to do everything. Sigh

Back
Top Bottom