Yes/No, Do You Flush?

Always. Give a nice thorough flush 1 week before harvest to clear out that chemical nasties and leaves you with a clean smooth product. It makes the plant use the last of its energy stores for resin production.

Some very enlightening info here:
A critical look at preharvest flushing

I do not flush.
I flushed my first grow and then did a grow with two reservoirs. I flushed one at harvest, but not the other tank. Absolutely NO Difference in taste.
After a lot of research and asking some experts, I learned that because I trim so very close, (I cut off all trim leaves to make hash) and hardly any chemical or clorophyll is in the pistals or caylxes, I avoid any bad taste. The link up above says it is all in the leaves, and not in the flowers.

Some very enlightening info here:
A critical look at preharvest flushing

I do not flush.
I flushed my first grow and then did a grow with two reservoirs. I flushed one at harvest, but not the other tank. Absolutely NO Difference in taste.
After a lot of research and asking some experts, I learned that because I trim so very close, (I cut off all trim leaves to make hash) and hardly any chemical or clorophyll is in the pistals or caylxes, I avoid any bad taste. The link up above says it is all in the leaves, and not in the flowers.

thats pretty interesting.....

I do not flush.

But, I grow in a soil less mix with slow release organic additives and use chemicals to tweak as necessary.

I do discontinue the chems a week or 2 before harvest and I am of the heavy water till runoff and let dry school, so this may work as a sort of flush. IDK

From what I've seen on so many 'help me' threads is a tendency to over nute or over additive till burn or lockout, flush, then turn around and do the same thing again.

DD

I don't know, I didn't flush my second to last harvest, trimmed the buds very close, and they didn't taste nearly as good as the next harvest where I did a thorough flush 2 weeks prior to chop.

I'm going to experiment some more.

Do you grow in SOIL or HYDRO???. I was told it makes a difference.

is very much worth reading. Its a good thread and very interesting, although sort of technical, it talks about the undesired nute, chemical and clorophyll taste.

OK, let me be clear here, for me, for my grows in Hydro, I do not flush. And I never will again. For you, you should read that thread I put up a link for....and remember soil and hydro are very different.

AND I am sure in an indoor soil grow, you should Flush before harvest.

Back
Top Bottom