To flush or not to flush?

ROBBIE313

well im on week 6 of flowering an ive heard of alot of mixed opinions on flushing an not flushing in a Deep Water Culture system,an my head is ready to explode,so im kinda confused if i should flush?,cut down my nutes?or just keep them at full strength...but here is my problem ,im running 2 separate strains,my sourD/purp strain looks like it will be done a good 2 weeks before my other strain,,so fellas what would u do ??:smokin::smokin::helpsmilie:

Ask MostlyCrazy as I think he flushes regularly with one of the clearing solutions. Maybe you can flush both plants with a clearing solution, cut the one, and then get the nutes back in. It's basically a personal choice. I do flush at the end single strain, with water for the last few days to week. I tend to wind down on nutes the last week or two anyways.

But now Roseman says don't bother, while you're flushing his plants are still growing 'cause he's still giving them nutes.

What I've heard from several sources is the closer you trim your buds the better, all the bad nute taste is in the leaves, not the bud. Roseman trims his buds close, I feel that if you cut all the leaves you won't taste the nutes. Makes sense to me, that's what I'm going to do.

Seems we've got a bit of a quandary here, time to get MC and Roseman here for a discussion.

:peace:

I flush every 7 days regardless. Always flush that way you are adding fresh water and fresh nutes and preventing the chance of nute lock. Clean the reservoir and all air stones with white distilled vinegar. Rinse thoroughly and enjoy!! My 2 cents!

I flush every 7 days regardless. Always flush that way you are adding fresh water and fresh nutes and preventing the chance of nute lock. Clean the reservoir and all air stones with white distilled vinegar. Rinse thoroughly and enjoy!! My 2 cents!

When they say FLUSH, they are not talking about the routine weely res changes.
They mean the pre-harvest flush of giving them 100% pure water, NO NUTES, a few days before harvest.

A critical look at preharvest flushing

Read all of that please., especially the first post and mine at the end.

thanks rose that cleared things up for me,i will not be flushing but rather paying much more attention into my curing method..i could understand why people would flush,they think there cleaning the nutes out of the plant ...but its a little more complicated than that,that what i learned,boy my college biology classes paid off reading that post ,everyone thanks for your opinion,i really appreciated it ,,:thanks::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom