Yield Problems

Budgrower

questions on yeild.
What are some of the causes of low yeild. Am averaging 4-10 grams per plant under 400 hps and 300 watts of cfl side lighting. Using foxfarm nuts[all six] 1/2 dosage in Promix media in 1 gallon pots .veg from clones for 8-10 weeks and flower 8-9 weeks. temp runs in flowering room from 82-90 lights on to 69-75 lights out .Have intake and exhausts fans. Use bottle co2 method. Please help as I must be doing something wrong here. Oh flower room is 4x6 and have 32 1 gallons in there.

Re: Yeild Problems

Yeah its the 1gal pots, the more room your roots have to grow,the more room your plant has to grow. Consider the roots the building blocks...without enough blocks, you just cant build what you want...put them in 3 or even 5 gal pots...sounds like 5 gal would be ideal with how long your veggin

I still think vegging 8 weeks is nuts...but to each his own...he has a plan. 10g or larger..im serious...

One Gallon Pots are for a micro grow. You want to see results step up to 5 gallon. Your lighting sounds fine, as long as you are reflecting as much of it as possible.

If you use 50 watts-per-sq-ft as your guide for lighting, you are lacking light. For 24 sq ft you should have at least 1000 watts.....

I think 90 maybe to hot. Peaks into the 90s ok but try to keep em cooler like below 85 Ive read sum where 90 will cause loose airy budds,& as every one has said, 1 gal to small

did i read that correctly or am I just stoned, 4-10g per plant with an 8-10 week veg period?

I used 1 gal pots once and yielded a bit low, but I still managed a couple of ounces.

What kind of yield or max.# of plants can I expect from 3- 400 watt HPS and about 50 sq. ft. of floorspace? Thanks for any and all help. J.H.W.

What kind of yield or max.# of plants can I expect from 3- 400 watt HPS and about 50 sq. ft. of floorspace? Thanks for any and all help. J.H.W.

Number of plants kinda depends on strain, but roughly speaking 8-12 plants (unless you are using 1 gallon pots, lol). Should yield a better than a lb.

Thanks Hogdady, About what I expected. I'm using 3 gal. pots and they seem to be just fine. So far, N.L. came out pretty good, Flo is looking beee-a-utiful, snow rider is also nice and a kush that was given to me is also coming along really well. Do you know anything about Flo', Hogdady? Seeds came from your neck of the woods on an earlier trip this year.Thanks,J.H.W.

Thanks Hogdady, About what I expected. I'm using 3 gal. pots and they seem to be just fine. So far, N.L. came out pretty good, Flo is looking beee-a-utiful, snow rider is also nice and a kush that was given to me is also coming along really well. Do you know anything about Flo', Hogdady? Seeds came from your neck of the woods on an earlier trip this year.Thanks,J.H.W.

Show us some pics! :)

would love to Hogdady, but still a little leery it could come back and bite me on the ass. I've got another question for any of you old pros' kind enough to answer it. My Kush is stinky,sticky, and her pistils are getting mostly red. PACKED with t-chomes that are still mostly clear. I figured harvest to be about a month from now. Flo is about the same. What will happen if I shorten up on the flush time. What will happen if I go all the way to my planned harvest date? Flos' pistils are still mostly all white. She's got time,but I think if I give Kush a full 2 weeks of flushing she might be a bit late. Thanks-J.H.W.

I think the pre-harvest flush is over-rated. Many top level growers don't even do it. I've done it both ways and didn't notice a difference....

I cut a plant out of a ebb flow table early without a flush and got the 'sparkly pops' when it was smoked. i heard that was from too much salts/nutes left in the plant. im flushing now to compare the results.

Back
Top Bottom