9 Hempys in a 2' x 2' Box

rossislaughin

Well here goes nothing. This is my first ever journal so bear with me. First the box.

11-16-2010_001.jpg

I know I said it 2'x2' but its actualy 26 1/2" square x 48" tall on the inside. I was a carpenter for over 10 years so it helps to have all my old tools still. I wont get into the details of the build. Thats a whole other can of worms.

Now for a look inside.

11-16-2010_002.jpg

Yea I know lite bright side lights but hey they where free a buddy said they didn't workfor him. But they seem to work good so far. The plants on the side dont lean for the light at all anymore.

The ventilation is a 4" inline duct booster fan in a shiping box. Thats a DIY carbon filter I found on these forums.The elecric is simple the power strip on the rigt is on all the time the one on the left is hooked to the timer.The indoor reading on the thermometer is about 5 degres higher than reality kinda like me:grinjoint:

11-16-2010_012.jpg

right
11-16-2010_013.jpg

left
11-16-2010_014.jpg

sorry for the side ways photos didn't know I needed to Rotate before upload.

Next post my babies!:cheer:

Re: 9 hempys in a 2'x2' box

Ok on to the good stuff so here is what I'm working with.

I had 5 feminized Papaya seeds only 4 germinated.

1 Cheese bag seed.

3 seeds from my outdoor grow

And last but not least a mysery seed from a bag long forgoten. I just hope there was a reason I saved it.

All of the seeds where germinated in dixie cup with MG seed starter mix (cheap no nutes). As soon as roots showed they went into 1 gallon bucket hempy pots.The lighting has been on 12/12 since day one. The seeds hit the dirt on november first so about three weeks. A week later into the hempys dirt and all one day later half strength technaflora recipe for sucess program. I'm shooting for 16" max all one cola. I've done it in the past with clones but never from seed this short.

So without further adoo here are the ladies. (I hope)

Papaya #1
11-16-2010_005.jpg

Papaya #2
11-16-2010_004.jpg

Papaya #3
11-16-2010_004.jpg

Cheese
11-16-2010_008.jpg

Outdoor #1
11-16-2010_008.jpg

Outdoor #2
11-16-2010_010.jpg

Outdoor #3
11-16-2010_009.jpg

the mystery
DSC02092.JPG

And now off to smoke one. :peace:

Siscokid didn't you hear the post office went private.Besides the feds want a lot more than that from me and they aren't going to get it! The exhaust is a suncourt 4" inline duct booster fan from home depot $24.95. It said 120cfm on the box but I dont beive it. I put great stuff expandable foam in the box to help with noise. I have an air puifier with a built in ionizer running just outside the closet door that completly covers the noise. As for the lighting right now its just one 42 watt 2700k, 2 23 watt 2700k and one 23 watt 6500k. I am waiting for 14 42 watt bulbs and the sockets to make a new light fixture. They should be here any day. And threre are 4 14w led side panels I might have to get a couple more. They actualy seem to work pretty good as side lights as the plants next to them quit leanig toward the cfl's.

Siscokid didn't you hear the post office went private.Besides the feds want a lot more than that from me and they aren't going to get it! The exhaust is a suncourt 4" inline duct booster fan from home depot $24.95. It said 120cfm on the box but I dont beive it. I put great stuff expandable foam in the box to help with noise. I have an air puifier with a built in ionizer running just outside the closet door that completly covers the noise. As for the lighting right now its just one 42 watt 2700k, 2 23 watt 2700k and one 23 watt 6500k. I am waiting for 14 42 watt bulbs and the sockets to make a new light fixture. They should be here any day. And threre are 4 14w led side panels I might have to get a couple more. They actualy seem to work pretty good as side lights as the plants next to them quit leanig toward the cfl's.

I know its probably too late but they sell a 6" inline booster for 33 w/ free shipping on amazon I just got one it says rated for 210 cfm but I havent set it up yet. I have to get a 6" to 5" conversion to fit my tent but the space is only about a foot taller than yours with similar width and length. I figured the extra cfm was worth it considering thats probably the maximum it could push

I know its probably too late but they sell a 6" inline booster for 33 w/ free shipping on amazon I just got one it says rated for 210 cfm but I havent set it up yet. I have to get a 6" to 5" conversion to fit my tent but the space is only about a foot taller than yours with similar width and length. I figured the extra cfm was worth it considering thats probably the maximum it could push

I only got this fan because I needed it asap soon I will be getting either a Vortex or Hydrofarm 4" fan and build a bigger carbon filter. My cabinet is only 64 cubic feet. So I dont need a lot of cfm. Odor control and quiet are my main concearns. Any body have any experience with these or any other fans you would recomend?:grinjoint:

Very nice set up Ross!! And nice looking hopeful ladies you have there. I am in for this Hempy ride as well. +reps for the diy filter and sharing your grow.

Back
Top Bottom