9 Hempys in a 2' x 2' Box

Re: 9 hempys in a 2'x2' box

Good news to report. Papaya #1 has pre flowers its a girl she is only 4" tall. Well last nite when I noticed, she grew an inch and a half over nite.:cheer:
Sorry no pics I loaned my camera to my daughter. 8 more to go hopefully no boys. But just in case my buddy still has a mother cloned off my old g-13Xnorthern lights mother. Between the two of us its been going almost 12 years, I cant even count the generations and still as good as ever.:)

Good news to report. Papaya #1 has pre flowers its a girl she is only 4" tall. Well last nite when I noticed, she grew an inch and a half over nite.:cheer:
Sorry no pics I loaned my camera to my daughter. 8 more to go hopefully no boys. But just in case my buddy still has a mother cloned off my old g-13Xnorthern lights mother. Between the two of us its been going almost 12 years, I cant even count the generations and still as good as ever.:)

Congrats on the girl!! :ganjamon: I'll lite a "its a girl" cigar for that. Any reason to celebrate sounds good to me! :rocker:

Yeah man! :roorrip: That was for her.....and...one for me :bong:

You know, I was on the fence about taking clones from my current strains and flowering the moms.. cause I'm an impatient man.

But I thought, "siscokid, you screw up like that all the time...jumping the gun"

:reading420magazine:Best of luck and take care.

Two more girls! Papaya #2 and #3 showed their stuff last nite. The cheese had the start of preflowers should know when I get home. They are realy starting to stretch and the little papaya is starting to cath up.

I forgot to post this pic with the first ones it realy gives a sense of scale.

11-16-2010_016.jpg

This is the largest one in the group shot. I should get my camera back this weekend. Until then :bong:.

Two more girls! Papaya #2 and #3 showed their stuff last nite. The cheese had the start of preflowers should know when I get home. They are realy starting to stretch and the little papaya is starting to cath up.

I forgot to post this pic with the first ones it realy gives a sense of scale.

11-16-2010_016.jpg

This is the largest one in the group shot. I should get my camera back this weekend. Until then :bong:.

Nice! The more women the merrier. That ones getting big can't wait to see the rest. Would you mind taking a close up of the pre-flowers? every picture I've seen before seems blurry or vague in image. Good luck on the rest!

Nice! The more women the merrier. That ones getting big can't wait to see the rest. Would you mind taking a close up of the pure-flowers? every picture I've seen before seems blurry or vague in image. Good luck on the rest!

I meant how small notice the lighter. The buckets look like 5 gallons but they are only one gallon.

I will try to get pics of the preflowers tomorrow when/if my daughter brings my camera back. I don't know how good my camera works for close ups. It has macro and optical zoom but its only 3.2 mega pixels. Maybe my tripod and lights would help? I've never done a full photo shoot with these ladies before. :)

The cheese didn't show but the three from my outdoor grow and the mystery bag see are all girls. Only two more to go the last papaya germinated over a week after the other three but it is a fem seed so I'm not woried.Now the cheese is a diferent story it might be a boy but I hope not, its got the best smell. None of the others smell at all. I hate waiting! :straightface:

Nice grow Ross, DIYers find a way :cheer:
It has macro and optical zoom but its only 3.2 mega pixels
We may not upload photos bigger than 1 mega pixel.I select this size on my camera, and do my best with that. It's enough, as many members do very well ;)

I got some great news, they are all girls! :cheer:
I was busy over the weekend I built a new light with 14 42 watt cfls. I have news for anyone who says cfls run cool. With all 14 bulbs it took 40 minutes to reach 106 in my cabinet. The reflector was so hot it burned my arm. I guess if you use enough watts it going to get hot! 42 watts at 2600 lumens X 14 = 588 watts and 36400 lumens or 9100 lumens per square foot.I think I need a bigger vent fan. I was only able to use 6 bulbs and still keep the temps down.
I also rigged up some co2 using a 7 1/2 gallon carboy. I used 6 gallons of watter and 6 pounds of sugar then ran a hose into my box. anyway enough about the problems. Here are the pics. :grinjoint:

the light in action
11-16-2010_025.jpg

a look inside
11-16-2010_026.jpg

the biggest girl
11-16-2010_022.jpg

a group shot
11-16-2010_021.jpg

You gota get some vent holes drilled into your reflector, to help dissipate heat. You also should have a fan blowing towards your lights to keep them cool. I too have found CFL's to be just as warm. If you have 400w worth of CFL's, the heat can easily equal that put off by a 400w HID light.

The one thing I find that makes CFL's better is that you have light coming from multiple points instead of just one. This gives you more to play with as far as getting lighting to all parts of your plant.

Looks good man, keep it green!

Hey Rossi, Nice looking light. I was actually at the hardware store and saw the sockets with the wires today. Want to build a light, not exactly like yours but similar. Can you explain the wiring please? The ones I saw had a black and a white wire. Thanx

[SmokeyMacPots;1205857]You gota get some vent holes drilled into your reflector, to help dissipate heat. You also should have a fan blowing towards your lights to keep them cool. I too have found CFL's to be just as warm. If you have 400w worth of CFL's, the heat can easily equal that put off by a 400w HID light.

I did drill holes after I took the picture but I don't have enough air exchange to get rid of the heat. I took the carbon filter off and I was able to run 8 bulbs so I'm going to build a higher flow carbon filter tonight. But to run all 14 I need a much bigger fan.

The one thing I find that makes CFL's better is that you have light coming from multiple points instead of just one. This gives you more to play with as far as getting lighting to all parts of your plant.

I agree thats why I went with cfl's instead of a 400 watt MH I have.The cfl's run cooler than the MH too.

Looks good man, keep it green!
:thanks:

It's easy with hempys, mix the nutes right and sit back and watch the grass grow. :grinjoint:

Hey Rossi, Nice looking light. I was actually at the hardware store and saw the sockets with the wires today. Want to build a light, not exactly like yours but similar. Can you explain the wiring please? The ones I saw had a black and a white wire. Thanx

I'm not a licensed electrician so I can't help you there. I know how but I don't feel comfortable giving advice about it sorry. But your local library should have some DIY home wiring books thats how I learned. You could probably google it. Just be safe and good luck. :rollit:

Back
Top Bottom