Eating Cannabutter

getright

I made my first batch of cannabutter last night. About ten minutes ago I tried to eat the cannabutter without mixing it in with anything. Wow, let me tell you that this stuff is nasty! Cannabutter, by itself, is one of the worse tasting foods or drinks, that I have ever had. It's so overwhelming that I can't even drink cranberry juice to hide the flavor. I don't want to bake the butter into any food because I want to try it on an empty stomach. I also want an empty stomach because I used some of my vaped weed. Any suggestions on what I can do to ingest the butter without having to eat a big meal? I really want to experience the felling of cannabutter(this is my first time) on its own!

Till then, :bong:

edit: I just manned up and ate the cannabutter but I did chase it with a beer.

Well i can tell you from experience that eating it on a empty stomach works too but the affects are much better if you take it with a little something.

What i did was get some 0 size gelcap's from the vitamin shoppe and filled the big side with the butter using a dropper. i use it for my back pain from Degenerative disc disease and it works decent with one pill, i get a nice relaxing feeling yet not to the point where im impaired. If i take two or more i feel really good for a while. but then again im still getting us to using mmj so my tolerance might be very low still.

I defiantly suggest putting the butter in gel caps. you might want to use the 00 ones they are a bit bigger but still easy to swallow.

also keep in mind that you don't taste it going down, but if you burp or get heart burn you will taste it. i do this with cannaoil, not the honey the cooking oil one.

I've tried to make the THC pills but they did not work. I used my croc pot for making the oil but I could not get the temp higher than 220. I let the bud simmer for 5ish hours before i let it dry and put into the capsules. I used a quarter of some very good bud and I ate half of the pills it made, which was 20. I ate the 10 and waited 2 hours and determined that they did not work. I don't know what I did wrong but I'll figure it out one day!

yea making it is a tricky thing. i just buy the cannabutter at my local dispensary and put that into the gelcap's. i get bout 135 to 150 per qtr cup of butter. one is good enough for pain control for me.

I've tried to make the THC pills but they did not work. I used my croc pot for making the oil but I could not get the temp higher than 220. I let the bud simmer for 5ish hours before i let it dry and put into the capsules. I used a quarter of some very good bud and I ate half of the pills it made, which was 20. I ate the 10 and waited 2 hours and determined that they did not work. I don't know what I did wrong but I'll figure it out one day!

So what your saying is, you simmered your cannabis the let it dry? Wouldn't letting it dry out defeat the purpose? Sounds like you pretty much wash away all the THC, hence, no high being associated with your end product. But what do i know lol

Hey Getright,
Can you explain more how you made your butter? what was the ratio? Did you add water? Did you strain out the matter? Did you use buds or clippings? Vap dust you mentioned?

I made my first batch of cannabutter last night. About ten minutes ago I tried to eat the cannabutter without mixing it in with anything. Wow, let me tell you that this stuff is nasty! Cannabutter, by itself, is one of the worse tasting foods or drinks, that I have ever had. It's so overwhelming that I can't even drink cranberry juice to hide the flavor. I don't want to bake the butter into any food because I want to try it on an empty stomach. I also want an empty stomach because I used some of my vaped weed. Any suggestions on what I can do to ingest the butter without having to eat a big meal? I really want to experience the felling of cannabutter(this is my first time) on its own!

Step 1. Take 3 oz flowers or shake and grind up.
Take grinds but them on baking sheet to decarb.
Step 2. Bake in oven at 230 F. for 1 hour.
Step 3. Bring water pot to boil and add 1 pound butter.
Step 4. Stir water and butter over medium heat while slowly adding in decarbd. ground flowers until all is in a mixture in the pot.
Step 5. Keep mixture boiling in pot on low heat for 60 to 120 minutes.
Step 6. Take off stove and strain misfire through a cheese cloth or some other kind of cloth filter into bowl to remove plant material.
Step 7. Put bowl in fridge for 10 hours.
Step 8. Take butter knives and crack the cannibutter out from the bowl. There will be brown water underneath the cannibutter. That is the bad stuff don't drink or consume that. The cannibutter will break off the top like a ice on a frozen lake.
Step 9. Take cannibutter and put onto plate and store in fridge. It will have a greenish brown color. Mainly brown with a hint of green.
Step 10. Enjoy cannibutter either by itself or use it in baking just like any other butter.

Cut pieces into pill size, and take them with water like a pill, that’s the best way I have found

I too have bought the veg capsules for canna butter or in coconut oil. But you lose the strength going thru our digestive system. Sublingual is the quickest method to get it in your bloodstream. Have some brownie in my mouth now as I type this. Slowly dissolving away. 30 minutes is the average time to feel the buzz, not three hours. The brownies however take my blood glucose UP.

Back
Top Bottom