Beginners Edibles Troubleshooting?

GenYHippie

Hi All :Namaste: . New to the forum and MJ. Wondering if there is already a newbie troubleshooting thread for edibles? Don't want to waste space if there is already a thread going. specifically looking for info on using ground MJ rather than oil/butter/ect. Still experimenting and don't have the funds to invest in making batches of things like that till I find a strain that helps me.

Right now all I know are muffins and firecrackers. TIA <3

GYH, I make banana bread with ground up buds. I don't use leaf or trim or shake. Just primo bud. I dry it, crush it and remove any large particles by sifting it, then grind it to very close to flour. Almost like a cannabis flour. I use 1/4 cup of cannabis flour in the recipe. I know, that is a lot of dang bud. I grow so it is ok. The recipe makes 2 loaves. I freeze the loaves. I cut the slices thin and then in quarters and put them in a zip lock bag in the freezer. One piece gets me high and 2 pieces gets me very high. Now I am shooting for pain relief basically. But high is pleasant too. I hope that this helps you understand using ground up cannabis. :Namaste:

GYH, I make banana bread with ground up buds. I don't use leaf or trim or shake. Just primo bud. I dry it, crush it and remove any large particles by sifting it, then grind it to very close to flour. Almost like a cannabis flour. I use 1/4 cup of cannabis flour in the recipe. I know, that is a lot of dang bud. I grow so it is ok. The recipe makes 2 loaves. I freeze the loaves. I cut the slices thin and then in quarters and put them in a zip lock bag in the freezer. One piece gets me high and 2 pieces gets me very high. Now I am shooting for pain relief basically. But high is pleasant too. I hope that this helps you understand using ground up cannabis. :Namaste:

Thanks for the tips I appreciate it :). definitely don't have the funds to sink into that amount but im bookmarking for sure :).

Does anyone get uncomfortably high with edibles? I have stopped eating brownies because even a bite makes me really high, then dizzy then nauseous. Maybe I use too much weed - used an ounce once on a batch, then cut it back to 5 grams of good weed on the next, same result. Anyone with expertise on edibles please advise me - I would much rather eat than smoke but will take it either way. Thx.

Nalaeyak, :Namaste: I love edibles. I have been doing them for years now. I get high when eating them. My wife gets no high at all eating the same dosage. Everyone is different. Each one of us has to titrate the dosage that we are comfortable with. It is funny that I get high easily but can tolerate a large dosage. My wife doesn't get high until she reaches a certain level and then she gets way way to high. If we both eat a small bit I get high and she doesn't. But if we eat a large amount I still get high but she gets way way to high. So it is all about finding the dosage that you are comfortable with and that works for your condition. Start with a very small dose and work up. Like we used to eat a piece of banana bread the size of a sugar cube (1/2 inch cube). Now that is not a lot of banana bread. I hope this helps you figure out the right dosage for yourself. If I can make anything clearer just ask and I will try. :peace:

Lol on the cube of banana bread. My wife and I are the opposite - she can eat brownies all day and work outside for 10-12 hours. I want to lie down but I guess it depends on the type of weed. Living where I do we have to take what we can get and they could give it any name. When you say control the dosage do you mean the amount you eat or the amount of weed you use to make the butter? I may have over done the weed for a stick of butter. I will try both and see if it makes any difference with me. Thanks...enjoy that bread

:Namaste: You can control it by both methods. Use way less cannabis in the butter and/or eat just a very tiny amount of the brownie. We just had to experiment to find the right balance for us. It is kind of a trial and error thing. It is much harder if you get your cannabis from some place with inconsistent quality and/or strength. I grow my own and know what the quality and strength of my cannabis happens to be. Good luck and remember to try low dose to start with and then work it up. You can always eat more to get higher, but you are in for a roller coaster ride if you eat way to much to start with. :thumb:

Lol that's funny I love to take my two golden retrievers to a park or lake, get high and just let them play as we walk. I feel much closer to nature as well and the girls love it too. The weather here has been so nice lately I can't wait for next day to do it again. Not sure if my feelings would be quite so nice if I weren't high. Well duh I know they wouldn't. Thanks I will give edibles another try by first using only a few grams in the receipt. If I can get it perfect this will be my preferred method of medicating.

Back
Top Bottom