Tales Of A Coco Pimp

What brand of coco fits you best?

• Canna

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Atami

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Botnicare

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Any brand will do, just rinse the hell out of it!

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

CocoPimp

Greetings to all the coco lovers here at 420Mag. I've been using this medium since I've begun growing on my own, almost 6ish yrs ago. I can't say much more about this lovely medium besides, if you ammend it and add perlite, your gonna go crazy with root action lol. I thought I'd share some recent passed grows, and my current grow and talk about, and swap ideas on my new grows.

Right now I'll be showing some yeti f3, rocky Mountain hi cross, a unlabeled strain (which is a mystery still), A Tahoe cross I got from a guy who sorta duped me when acquiring the strain, but it's still turned out dank, some nightmare og.

As for in veg, I'll be having, gorilla glue s1s, yeti (trip cut), yeti bx2, green Crack, and a very old afghan a dear friend gifted me. Also after I figure how to post pics, I'll run down what's gonna be popping bean wise, and what new cuts that will be added. Hope all my fellow coco pimps out there have a smashing 2015!

IMG_083720.JPG
IMG_082424.JPG
IMG_085428.JPG
IMG_083431.JPG
IMG_082335.JPG
IMG_085225.JPG
IMG_083327.JPG
IMG_085529.JPG
IMG_085026.JPG

Promise I'll get the hang of posting, it's rather simple. But a old head like myself, isn't too tech savvy lol.

I'd like to include, that I grow currently, 600 watt bare bulb hps /400watt led mixed spectrum. I will soon move onto fully led with hps as a "Hardner" for mixed spectrum last few weeks of bloom. But that's a few weeks away, so I'll stop there . I also use Glr lighting schedule for veg, and I've been blooming on 10/14 for last 4yrz.

20021.jpg
IMG_083327.JPG
IMG_085529.JPG
IMG_083720.JPG
IMG_082424.JPG
IMG_085428.JPG
IMG_083431.JPG
IMG_082335.JPG
IMG_085225.JPG
IMG_085026.JPG
IMG_084928.JPG
IMG_084820.JPG

Hey. Looking great. I look forward to hearing about your setup and how you manage it. I'm working on switching to coco, currently am using soil. But since I can't be there to water every day or two this means I will be switching to automated watering/hydro as well- so on a learning curve and mini shopping spree.

Hey. Looking great. I look forward to hearing about your setup and how you manage it. I'm working on switching to coco, currently am using soil. But since I can't be there to water every day or two this means I will be switching to automated watering/hydro as well- so on a learning curve and mini shopping spree.

Welcome, and thanks for stopping by. My setup was highly influenced from year's of failure lol. And years of peeking at great farmer's, heath Robinson for one. I'd love to do a stadium grow, but not much space alloted. I've been running bare bulb for a while, I'm Dtw so I try to stay up on my plant's when I can. I also will be going automated, top drip with coco very soon. Nothing wrong with shopping sprees lol. Any idea what type of automated system your gonna run? Any questions ask away.
Respect

Well,its a pretty small shopping spree! And hardly a spree actually because it's taking months to piece together odds and ends. Live in the middle of nowhere...I want to do a top feed drain to waste system - have to be away quite often for 4 or five day stretches. By automated I mean - a fancy word for a reservoir with small pump on a timer to give a few waterings a day. I guess that's "automated", right? Anyway- taking it slow, in no big hurry. Always so much to learn. The amount of knowledge in this forum is amazing. I lurked on and off this site for years and was/am really inspired by the Cap'n and a bunch of other great folks. They're often just growing single large/huge plants but keeping setups/attitudes pretty light and simple. My main preoccupation for the last little while was reservoir size. Seems like about 20 gallons or more to serve a 600 watt light if I want to be able to leave it for the week. Sound right to you?

Well,its a pretty small shopping spree! And hardly a spree actually because it's taking months to piece together odds and ends. Live in the middle of nowhere...I want to do a top feed drain to waste system - have to be away quite often for 4 or five day stretches. By automated I mean - a fancy word for a reservoir with small pump on a timer to give a few waterings a day. I guess that's "automated", right? Anyway- taking it slow, in no big hurry. Always so much to learn. The amount of knowledge in this forum is amazing. I lurked on and off this site for years and was/am really inspired by the Cap'n and a bunch of other great folks. They're often just growing single large/huge plants but keeping setups/attitudes pretty light and simple. My main preoccupation for the last little while was reservoir size. Seems like about 20 gallons or more to serve a 600 watt light if I want to be able to leave it for the week. Sound right to you?

I hear ya brother, I lurked on here without a account for over a year. And same here just finally saved up enough to try some worthy led fixtures. As for rez size, do you know the size of your pots you gonna run? Well....I'll let ya in on my plans maybe that'll help you visualize what you wanna accomplish.

I'm gonna be running 2 gal herc pots or smarties not too sure, but all pots will be 2gal. I'll have a 30 gal tote as a rez and will use the top drip rings for feeding. I'll have them feeding off a timer , twice a hour for either 5-10min feed intervals. I'll have all pots sitting on a catcher so waste can drip down and out to a collection rez. At least that's what I'm shooting for. I'll grab the link of the rez system. Thanks again for stopping by looking forward to seeing you get setup.
Respect

Thanks. Well I don't want to ask too many questions because I don't have my set up underway yet. Once I'm doing it I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions. But I am very interested in seeing if you put up some pictures of what you've got happening, the nuts and bolts of the basic setup, if you get there before I do. I will ask you one question though. I have a few bricks of botanicare Coco-grow. I'm going to give those a good washing just in case. (Had a bad experience the one time I try to use Coco before). Do you yourself prime your coco with Cal mag and any other additives to start?

Thanks. Well I don't want to ask too many questions because I don't have my set up underway yet. Once I'm doing it I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions. But I am very interested in seeing if you put up some pictures of what you've got happening, the nuts and bolts of the basic setup, if you get there before I do. I will ask you one question though. I have a few bricks of botanicare Coco-grow. I'm going to give those a good washing just in case. (Had a bad experience the one time I try to use Coco before). Do you yourself prime your coco with Cal mag and any other additives to start?

Right on! Yeah I sure will post some when the time comes, I'm in the middle of gathering the parts to make that happen now. My current setup is simple and highly effective, just tired of pouring all the time, me being disabled with bad nerves and bones, I need to get a lot more simple. As for the coco, I've used that brand before, and what I do if it's not canna, or blk label coco. I'll precharge it after two rinses of PhD water. Then I'd use very light ppm say round 250ish, of nutes, and calmag then your off to the races. Just gotta remember to precharge with calmag and light nutes so your sedlings get a righteous jump start. I'm always here, this is now my home lol so don't hesitate to ask away, if I don't know the solution, we can find one together.
Respect

More pics, of a few getting their flush on with some molasses.

IMG_088317.JPG
IMG_088222.JPG
IMG_088133.JPG
IMG_088021.JPG
IMG_087922.JPG
IMG_087819.JPG
IMG_087722.JPG
IMG_087431.JPG
IMG_087326.JPG

No damage, it's being flushed. Thanks

Cool. It was the one in the pic where you can see the blue tote that made me ask that. Mine don't look like that when I flush. Anyway -once you get up to the 50 post mark I'll PM you and see how you're doing with your hydro set up. Stepping all over your poll here...

Whats good Cocopimp?
I saw you browse through my grow the other day and I decided to return the gesture. :Namaste:
I want to compliment you on your resinous ladies. I'm sure they will be a good smoke! :volcano-smiley:

I decided to use coco and dwc in my current grow and I noticed that my coco plants are just as large and beautiful as my dwc plants.
When i read up on coco, I felt comfortable trying it as a medium.
I watered AND fed daily. I learned how to water deeply with at least 20% runoff. Coco made the grow way easy.

I participated in your survey and chose the "Any brand.." only because the brand of coco I use wasnt listed. :cheesygrinsmiley:
If you haven't tried these coco line of soilless products I recommend you give these guys a shot. I am so stoked with the results.:slide:
PM me if you need the website. :peace:
Air Max Aerated Coco Premium Soil Blend, 1.5 cf
50/50 Blend (50% Quadruple washed COCO FIBER & 50% Premium Perlite) This blend is amended with premium organic ingredients. This blend is for the Hydroponic style gardener, with the most perfect blend of premium coco, plus ALL of the ingredients that you would want to add, while still being able to aggressively feed liquid nutrients. ingredients: Quadruple washed High Pith Coco Fiber, Perlite, Paramagnetic Rock, Mycorrhizae, Humic Acid, Earthworm Castings, & Seaweed.

Cool. It was the one in the pic where you can see the blue tote that made me ask that. Mine don't look like that when I flush. Anyway -once you get up to the 50 post mark I'll PM you and see how you're doing with your hydro set up. Stepping all over your poll here...

Hey Weasel. .No problem brother ask away, share what you will. Those particular plants you mentioned, we're flushed one week. With nectar for the gods, herculean harvest. Then straight tap a week after. Some showed trippy fades, most were og Dom plants so it was a trip watching them fade as such. Get ready, I'm about to put 2 platinum led p600s in a 5x5 space. Just waiting on fixtures to arrive and it's showtime..
Respect

Whats good Cocopimp?
I saw you browse through my grow the other day and I decided to return the gesture. :Namaste:
I want to compliment you on your resinous ladies. I'm sure they will be a good smoke! :volcano-smiley:

I decided to use coco and dwc in my current grow and I noticed that my coco plants are just as large and beautiful as my dwc plants.
When i read up on coco, I felt comfortable trying it as a medium.
I watered AND fed daily. I learned how to water deeply with at least 20% runoff. Coco made the grow way easy.

I participated in your survey and chose the "Any brand.." only because the brand of coco I use wasnt listed. :cheesygrinsmiley:
If you haven't tried these coco line of soilless products I recommend you give these guys a shot. I am so stoked with the results.:slide:
PM me if you need the website. :peace:
Air Max Aerated Coco Premium Soil Blend, 1.5 cf
50/50 Blend (50% Quadruple washed COCO FIBER & 50% Premium Perlite) This blend is amended with premium organic ingredients. This blend is for the Hydroponic style gardener, with the most perfect blend of premium coco, plus ALL of the ingredients that you would want to add, while still being able to aggressively feed liquid nutrients. ingredients: Quadruple washed High Pith Coco Fiber, Perlite, Paramagnetic Rock, Mycorrhizae, Humic Acid, Earthworm Castings, & Seaweed.

Yes yes, I admire your greenthumb there brother. I'm used to mixed spectrum grows, from seed to harvest. So your grow brung me close to home. Sadly I'll be fully onto led, and the new cob technology. And if you haven't already, take a peep at Lil tomato concepts. Hella pricey. But well worth the investment . I'll be incorporating platinum led with those after a while here.

Far as my coco, it all depends really, I've had the best success no matter the nutes used, in canna. So I tend to call canna my flagship coco. But since relocating I cannot get canna like I'm accustomed too. So I've been playing with botnicare and gh brand. So far so good . If you could link me to that coco your talking, cuz I'm leaning towards going coco with some amended added goodies. Thanks for stopping by, the show should pick up soon, I'm just gathering and building so thanks for baring with me and following along.
Respect

Yes yes, I admire your greenthumb there brother. I'm used to mixed spectrum grows, from seed to harvest. So your grow brung me close to home. Sadly I'll be fully onto led, and the new cob technology. And if you haven't already, take a peep at Lil tomato concepts. Hella pricey. But well worth the investment . I'll be incorporating platinum led with those after a while here.

Far as my coco, it all depends really, I've had the best success no matter the nutes used, in canna. So I tend to call canna my flagship coco. But since relocating I cannot get canna like I'm accustomed too. So I've been playing with botnicare and gh brand. So far so good . If you could link me to that coco your talking, cuz I'm leaning towards going coco with some amended added goodies. Thanks for stopping by, the show should pick up soon, I'm just gathering and building so thanks for baring with me and following along.
Respect

Cocopimp,
Thank you!
We share a mutual appreciation of this wonderful gift we call Cannibus:cheer:
Couldn't pm you as you are under the post count. But... try dotcom monstergardens and look at their coco line up. :drool:
Good stuff! Allows for organic and synthetic grows. If you decide on using any of these I would love to watch your results.:goodluck:

No sadness here, I also would love to go totally LED.
Unfortunately, I will have to do it in "stages". :rofl:

My next indulgence will be likely a p450. Eventually, I would like to have 2 p450's as my flower power.
I had many months to plan and I settled for the hybrid LED/MH/HPS. I may as well find out what this setup will yield for me.
I have seen many folks overspend on gear and yet are still learning and when they encounter problems they freak out because of the financial stress they created. Bad vibes, desperation and a disappointing result soon follows. Been there got the tshirt....ya kno?
I am sure there are many out there that run a 600w MH/HPS that want to get into LED's but don't want to or can't afford the price of entry.
I decided on a hybrid setup to get my feet wet without breaking the bank. Cant wait to see what you get with those tomato concepts (ya man u aint kidding,hella pricey!) plus P600!

Cocopimp,
Thank you!
We share a mutual appreciation of this wonderful gift we call Cannibus:cheer:
Couldn't pm you as you are under the post count. But... try dotcom monstergardens and look at their coco line up. :drool:
Good stuff! Allows for organic and synthetic grows. If you decide on using any of these I would love to watch your results.:goodluck:

No sadness here, I also would love to go totally LED.
Unfortunately, I will have to do it in "stages". :rofl:

My next indulgence will be likely a p450. Eventually, I would like to have 2 p450's as my flower power.
I had many months to plan and I settled for the hybrid LED/MH/HPS. I may as well find out what this setup will yield for me.
I have seen many folks overspend on gear and yet are still learning and when they encounter problems they freak out because of the financial stress they created. Bad vibes, desperation and a disappointing result soon follows. Been there got the tshirt....ya kno?
I am sure there are many out there that run a 600w MH/HPS that want to get into LED's but don't want to or can't afford the price of entry.
I decided on a hybrid setup to get my feet wet without breaking the bank. Cant wait to see what you get with those tomato concepts (ya man u aint kidding,hella pricey!) plus P600!

Right on ! I totally agree, it took me almost 6 yes to catch my groove. I'm a more simple guy, I like to keep it K.I.S.S. and very much self sufficient. I love Love my 600hps I'm a former Vert bare bulb dude. I love everything about mixed spectrum growing. I've seen some crazy results first hand using mixed spectrums. And after time, I'll have three different spectrums myself. This led, the Phillips cob technology, and the plasma or cmh technology. Still researching alot so in due time my friend. I'm planing this next setup as a flood table, coco table, perpetual. So I'm just gathering materials for this table build. I'll update more after I grab these lights from the delivery man. Anybody know how long DHL normally takes to deliver?
Respect

Cocopimp, :clap:
Mixed spectrums are where its at. FTW:surf:
Total wattage is definitely important but....the combination of different spectrums in the various stages of the plants life rewards us with the essential oils we all seek and more potent oils at that!:tokin:
In my journal I will be adding uv-b spectrum to my grow to finish off the flowers for the last 10-14 days.
So at the sacrafice of total wattage, I fed my ladies these spectrums: MH/HPS/380(UV-A)/415/440/460/480/615/630/660/720/740/760nm(IR)/UV-B.....whew.

Im sure you can dig it. :Namaste:

Cocopimp, :clap:
Mixed spectrums are where its at. FTW:surf:
Total wattage is definitely important but....the combination of different spectrums in the various stages of the plants life rewards us with the essential oils we all seek and more potent oils at that!:tokin:
In my journal I will be adding uv-b spectrum to my grow to finish off the flowers for the last 10-14 days.
So at the sacrafice of total wattage, I fed my ladies these spectrums: MH/HPS/380(UV-A)/415/440/460/480/615/630/660/720/740/760nm(IR)/UV-B.....whew.

Im sure you can dig it. :Namaste:

Yes I can dig Dat! Deeply! One of the reasons I settled on platinum led, their spectrums are just crazy, 11bands can't beat that. But yes I've played with uv-b, and yes it does show a difference in the trichs. It's a strip uv-b light I'll put you onto. It's new in development, I haven't seen anybody online use them. In sure four strip 4ft long would kill for added uv-b . Like where your headed we gotta swap knowledge on the daily or whenever you got time brother.
Respect

Back
Top Bottom