Circaura's 1st Grow - Jesus OG - 2015

circaura

First time growing cannabis seriously.
The strain is Jesus OG from TGA genetics.
20/80 Indica/Sativa (Jack's cleaner/space queen/hell's OG hybrid)
Growing in Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil, and I'll be using GH Flora series for nutes.
I have 3 seedlings under a single 250 watt 6500k CFL, with a 2nd on standby for when they get a bit bigger, and a 400w HPS for when they're ready to bloom, and at that point I will replace my CFL's with 2700k bulbs to supplement additional lighting.
They're in solo cups right now, with ziplock bags loosely placed over the top of the cups to simulate a propagation tent of sorts.

One thing I didn't realize before I purchased my seeds is that TGA seeds are not feminized. After using the paper towel method to germinate 3 of the 5 seeds is when I realized that I could have some males, so I have the additional 2 seeds germinating in paper towels right now.

So, my first question would be this; should I use fabric pots? Or drop the extra dollars on some airpots when my plants are a bit larger?
Any tips or advice given will be well received. Thank you in advance for your horticulture prowess!

jesus_OG_1.jpg

Nice! What strain are you growing?
Thanks, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Dark Angel.
Don't know anything about any strains so I figured this was middle of the road. 50/50 savita/indica. I have no idea what I prefer. I really haven't indulged in this stuff much. This is more of a hobby than anything right now.
I am however quite interested in testing some early and later in the harvest window....to see if I can feel the difference.

I'll be watching your grow as we are on nearly the same schedule. Good luck my friend!

Day 6 from seed for 3 of my plants, day 4 for the other 2.
I just gave the older ones their first full watering. I've just been misting the top of the soil until now, and they're looking good so far.
Jesus_OG_2.jpg

These little things are at a somewhat boring stage for anyone trying to observe my grow, so I figured I'd take a minute to talk about my grow tent. It's a DIY tent I made out of PVC, Mylar emergency blankets, (which were 8$ for 10 6ftx8ft pieces) and a little electrical tape. It is 4ft by 5ft by 6ft tall, accessible on both of the 4ft sides. Once I have my plants in a vegetative light cycle, i'm going to have them in darkness at night because the mylar doesn't fully block outside light, and by the time they're ready for flower I will be finished with the fabric cover for it. I have about 30$ invested into this grow tent, and about 400$ total from nutrients, meters, to lights.
Jesus_OG_room.jpg

Temperature and humidity aren't a problem at the moment, neither is ventilation, and I have plans to tackle both of those issues quickly if they do arise. (which they probably will when I start using the HPS)

Building the scrog next week, and I'll have it installed when my plants are ready.
There's a little more information on my setup! I'm beyond excited to watch this unfold.

Day 8 from seed:
We gave them their 2nd watering today, and the Jesus OG are looking healthy. The last seedling finally broke the soil, an is still under a baggy, keeping it moist but not watering.
I tested the PH of the soil runoff when I watered the 3 older plants, and it was at 6.4, and we watered with 5.9 PH water so I think we're good on that front.

PLOT TWIST: Our friend dropped off an additional 5 clones, 3 dream queen (blue dream/space queen hybrid) and 2 pink champagne. They're 9 or 10 days old, and are looking about ready to be transplanted into the 1 gallon fabric pots we have waiting. I really don't think we're going to have enough room in our 5x4 tent for 10 plants, so I think we'll keep the clones until we know how many males we're getting out of the 5 Jesus OG we've planted.

Overhead shot of our DIY tent.
Jesus_OG_DC_PC_.jpg

Jesus OG
Jesus_OG.jpg

And here are the clones my friend gave us. What do you guys think as far as transplanting them??
DQ_PC.jpg

Day Day 11 from seed: The Jesus OG got their first light feeding of GH flora series. 1/2 amount. They're looking really good. The OG's that are a couple days behind didn't get a feeding, just water.
jesus_OG_3.jpg

The clones are also looking pretty healthy. They've gotten water once since I got them, and they're about 13 days old.
Mixed1.jpg

No news really.

Good luck with your grow.I picked up some J OG a month ago.....awesome weed.One of my favorites.
I'll be following your progress.I've got some of those beans in the fridge,haven't popped em yet.

I think I gave my plants nutrient burn. I had my girlfriend water them about a week and a half ago, and she watered it with the nutrient water, and they had just gotten nutrients 3 days prior. I flushed them when I realized what had happened, and they don't seem to be getting any better. Advice, tips?

I did the same thing...nute burn....just a week ago. Same as yours...browning and curling up. I did a flush and it appears to have helped. They still continued to turn brown a couple days after the flush albeit not as severe. Didn't seem to hurt the new growth though. She continued to grow normally. Just took a couple days for the browning and curling to subside.

I did the same thing...nute burn....just a week ago. Same as yours...browning and curling up. I did a flush and it appears to have helped. They still continued to turn brown a couple days after the flush albeit not as severe. Didn't seem to hurt the new growth though. She continued to grow normally. Just took a couple days for the browning and curling to subside.
Glad I'm not the only one lol. The clones got it the wortlst, but they're all looking better after the flush and transplant as well

Little update on my crop. The clones have pretty much recovered from the nutrient burn, and have been watered twice since they were flushed and transplanted. I gave them their second feeding yesterday, and they have taken it well. I gave them less than a quarter dose of GH flora series.

update_13.jpg

The Jesus OG are looking healthy again as well. 2nd feeding for them since transplant and flush, and I topped them today as well.

update_21.jpg

This little one is looking very promising. Youngest of all of them by about 3 days, and it's by far the biggest. Great node spacing, excited to see how it turns out. Hopefully its a female!

update_3.jpg

Well, the Jesus OG are 20 days into veg. They're all showing their sex now, and they are all females. Either I was wrong in thinking that TGA doesn't feminize their seeds, or I just had very good luck this time. As you can see from the pictures, one Jesus OG is getting pretty massive. I've topped them all once, but the big one I just topped again in a few places today.
update_4.jpg
update_6.jpg

The clones are looking really good as well, they've all gotten a pretty good amount of LST, and they seem to be responding well to it.
update_5.jpg

I transplanted all of them into 5 gallon fabric pots, and the clones were very hard to get out of the fabric pots they were in because the fabric likes to cling to the dirt, and they don't like to come out without a little bit of tough love. I just watered them because they got fresh soil, and i'll feed them in a few days, once they start to recover from the transplant. Next time I might just go from plastic pots to 5 gallon fabric pots, unless someone knows of a way to transplant from fabric, while not shocking the roots too much.

I just picked this up today, and I'm getting a 1000w ballast tomorrow. Once I build a small frame to Hold this beastly light fixture, all of the clones are coming out of the tent, and will continue to get LST, and eventually lollipopped as well.
The Jesus OG are going to get the scrog once the clones are out of the tent, so I have enough room in there.
The CFL lights will be repurposed for cloning, and hopefully in a few months our garden will be perpetual, kicking out 5-6 plants monthly.
update_7.jpg

I fucked up bad.
I broke one of the Jesus OG stems pretty bad. I panicked and I put some electrical tape on it to hold the stem up like a splint, and i'm really hoping the plant is able to heal itself. it was the 2nd biggest one out of the 10. Since it isn't a good candidate for SCROG anymore, I put it under the 600 with the LST'd clones. ugh. I knew I was going to make a mistake, this being my first serious grow, but dammit, I'm really bummed about this.
update_101.jpg

I got the new light set up, 600 watt metal halide.
update_9.jpg

Got 4 of the Jesus OG under the scrog
update_8.jpg

I had some time today, so I went through and lollipopped the clones. They're lovin that new 600w light.
update_111.jpg

This is the Jesus OG that I broke yesterday. Tried to make a splint for her, and ended up breaking it off completely, so I ended up just doing some LST on her and even still, she's bigger than all of the clones, which are about a week older.
update_131.jpg

I was able to lollipop the Jesus OG that are in the scrog. The big one looked thirsty, so it got it's first feeding since the scrog.
update_121.jpg

Overall, things are going pretty smoothly. These are all going to start flowering in about two weeks.

I gave all of them a good feeding this morning when I woke up, and just noticed that some of the leaves are looking yellow/burned .I'm not sure if this is a deficiency, or if the beginning of nutrient burn. Probably a deficiency, they haven't been fed in about 10 days.
ph 5.5-5.8
3 parts floragro
2 parts floramicro
1 part florabloom
1/4 tsp magpro
PPM was between 400 and 415
I didn't get a PH or PPM reading of the runoff, I watered until the bottom of the pots were moist. If it gets worse tomorrow, I guess I'll know what;s wrong.

update_14.jpg
update_15.jpg

Other than that, we're lookin good.

Back
Top Bottom