Help with my clones

Jeff6

Hi there

Im pretty new to growing but have done tons of research on here for ages..

Anyway i have 5 clones that i planted 6 days ago and just wanted some advice as how they are getting on, Some info below on my setup:

Tent size: 1.2x1.2x2.4
Temps: Day - 74-80 Night 64+
Humidity: 34-40
Light: 1x 600w ( The light is quite high up atm though while they are small)
Medium: Canna Coco Coir

Reason why the tent is that big, is i have some more on the way shortly.

I have not tested ph as of yet, but i have just bought a ph test kit so ill do that next, I am not feeding no nutrients as of yet just tap water that i leave to stand a day or 2.

The leaves were looking a little yellow, so i added a tiny drop of Coco A + B to provide a bit more Nitrogen.

There is growth, and new shoots showing, But some more than others and its going quite slow, and at the same time some have a few tips that are going brown, But i read this yellowing and brown tips can be do with using energy from leaves to promote new growth ?

Anyway heres a couple of pictures..

IMG-20111024-00033.jpg

IMG-20111024-00032.jpg

Any help appreciated :)

Thanks

Re: Help with my clones ?

It seems your humidity is slightly low, make you a couple domes out of a 2L bottles cut in half. The light you're using is fine as long as it is not too close but (if possible use a fluorescent).They are perfect for cuttings, dont draw near as much power, plus it will save the life of your bulb/ballast.I would keep it on a schedule of at least 18/6. In my experience with cuttings, nuritents arent necessary until they have rooted, yellowing is common and adding nitrogen has always slowed my root growth, if you are set on giving nutes, I would make a light solution high in phosphorus since it does promote root growth

^i also agree w Franklin tha Nitrogen will slow root production in cuttings...yellowin and browning of leaves is showin its using its stored nutes 2 make roots :)

Hi thanks for the replys much appreciated, Ill see how the turn out in the next few days then and il also give the humidity dome idea a try.

Whats the best watering schedule for clones ? Some people have said they dont need watering for a day or 2 sometimes.

So far i have been filling up a litre jug and sharing that out between 5 which gives it a decent amount when the soil is like between damp and dryish thats like maybe once every 24 hours, but im using Canco Coco Coir which is known for very good drainage and air, So should i worry about over watering ? Or am i doing it wrong ?

just remember, No Nutes til they have the 3rd set of new growth leaves. Then start em slow and gradually increase. also as stated you need a bit more humidity to help em out a bit. Other than that, they seem to be looking ok. Oh, and as stated above again, I also would recommend using either a flourescent style, or cfl lights for your seedlings, You can get em closer, to stop stretching, and the softer light really helps the clones relax while developing. Your on a good path though, keep it up and have fun.

Hi there, Little update how are these looking ? I have gone and give the dome idea a try

Heres a few pics

IMG-20111028-00050.jpg

IMG-20111028-00049.jpg

IMG-20111028-00046.jpg

IMG-20111028-00044.jpg

IMG-20111028-00051.jpg

On 1 of them the leaves are drooping a little, but there is shoots growing slowly,
They are all showing growth but slowly, Still feeding just water, and started testing the water and its at a PH of around 6.2 ?

I was thinking of buying some rhizotonic to help grow roots faster, would this help ?
They are under one 600w light atm while they are small but will be moved once bigger

Any tips/advice much appreiciated thanks

I'd start off in smaller pots next time, so that you grow a nice rootball. 200ml per plant in coco, with pots that size is not enough IMO because the dry coir surrounding where you've watered will absorb the moisture from around the roots quickly.

Anyway i thought that when grow hydro or with any hydro medium you had to use nutrients from the get go!

Back
Top Bottom