Probably a dumb question

zBRiCKz

I'm sure I probably know the answer but I guess I just need some reassurance lol..

My grow space is 22 inches deep, 42 inches wide, and 62 inches tall. It's a small closet. My question is, I just found an HID light kit on amazon, it's a 400w dimmable ballast with MH and HPS bulb included. Is this going to be enough light? I was also considering hanging two to 4 CFLs for some supplemental lighting but I figured the HID might be enough.

Another concern is heat, currently the max temp gets to around 88 Fahrenheit and lowest is 73-74. That's with a 125w, 2 23w, and 2 14w CFLs.

Will the heat change much with changing out the CFLs for HID?

First, There are no dumb questions. Feel free to ask any question you wish to. The only thing I can tell you about you concerns, is that my space is alittle bigger than you have, but not much, and I only use a 400 watt light, good circulation and a 4 inch exhaust on top of my light connected to the attic for heat removal.
Like I said this may or may not help you. Good Luck, Let me know how it turns out

First, There are no dumb questions. Feel free to ask any question you wish to. The only thing I can tell you about you concerns, is that my space is alittle bigger than you have, but not much, and I only use a 400 watt light, good circulation and a 4 inch exhaust on top of my light connected to the attic for heat removal.
Like I said this may or may not help you. Good Luck, Let me know how it turns out

Your setup is actually a lot similar to mine.

I have a 4" inline exhaust fan venting into the attic. The hood that comes with the light is open air so it doesn't have a ducting hookup. I've got a 6" fan that I can point at the light.

Your setup is actually a lot similar to mine.

I have a 4" inline exhaust fan venting into the attic. The hood that comes with the light is open air so it doesn't have a ducting hookup. I've got a 6" fan that I can point at the light.

See we are closet friends. LOL. Keep an eye on the temp, RH,PH, and so on.
I would research the HID light a little. I don't know to much about them, It just caught my eye. Well Good Luck
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom