Plants not getting much taller during flowering

Aren't they supposed to double to triple?

It'll be more internodal growth than anything. While they can get quite a bit taller during bloom, I think 3x is either an exaggeration or maybe might be true for an auto or something (I've never grown any autos). From what I've seen, my plants usually increase about 50-100% in height after switching to bloom. Sometimes less if there are more than 6-8 colas and if the plant is already too big for the pot.

I find that the first 2 weeks after turning they have a growth spurt, mostly intermodal as Iwltfum said, then slow as they focus on bud building. Took me a few grows to learn what height to turn at to get my final height. I have height restrictions so must be careful. I also use (touchy subject) PGRs once I get the height I require to keep away from the light. Hint: I've marked the walls in my room on veg height and then flower height to avoid the "I'll give em another week system".
I was told when first starting my grows that they can triple, personally I have never seen this, maybe close to double, if that.
We play and learn.

It'll be more internodal growth than anything. While they can get quite a bit taller during bloom, I think 3x is either an exaggeration or maybe might be true for an auto or something (I've never grown any autos). From what I've seen, my plants usually increase about 50-100% in height after switching to bloom. Sometimes less if there are more than 6-8 colas and if the plant is already too big for the pot.

So from 1 foot to 1.5-2 feet?

I find that the first 2 weeks after turning they have a growth spurt, mostly intermodal as Iwltfum said, then slow as they focus on bud building. Took me a few grows to learn what height to turn at to get my final height. I have height restrictions so must be careful. I also use (touchy subject) PGRs once I get the height I require to keep away from the light. Hint: I've marked the walls in my room on veg height and then flower height to avoid the "I'll give em another week system".
I was told when first starting my grows that they can triple, personally I have never seen this, maybe close to double, if that.
We play and learn.
Yeah I got something similar as far as the first two week growth spurt, now I'm doing a test for a 1 footer so flowered at 6 inches and that one has doubled so now idk lol I guess it depends on the strain just like everything else lol

Many strains gain little height when flowering is started Almightybeck and that's a desirable trait to many growers.

Sativas tend to stretch more than indicas and both will have reduced stretch if vegging lights are used during the stretch period instead of switching to flowering lights right away.

L8r

Back
Top Bottom