Bucket Size - 5-15 Gallon
Lights - (1) 1000 Watt HPS
Nutrients - Alaska Fish Fertilizer
Medium - 33% compost 33% perlite 33% peat moss
Room Temperature -78 to 82
RH-50%
Room Square Footage - 5.5' x 5.5'
Pests - None Known

I want to harvest a few buds to determine my preference. What is the best way to take test buds? Please provide cutting/removal technique.

I try to find an internode most suitable and make the cutting into the best hook shape or half arrow.

cutting11.gif

And then use that to hang on twine or wire. Then check everyday. To see if they are dry pick a spot with the most stem and bend it. If it snaps its ready to move on to the curing process. If the stem bends instead of breaking, let it hang and check the next day. Trim the buds off the stem. Place buds in an air tight container. Glass containers with rubber seals work best. Leave a little air in the top of the container, so the buds aren't stuffed into it and the moisture inside the buds have somewhere to escape too. Check every few hours for condensation and for the nugs to be more moist than they were when you cut them off the stick. Air the container out for an hour er 2 then close back up. In another few hours check the nugs. If moist place back in the container and check again in another couple hours. It may vary on how long depending on the quantity your drying. If its a lot it could take a few days just to cure.

Also keep the humidity around 45% higher than 50 you may get mold, and if lower than 40% they may dry to fast and your taste and smell might not be that great.

Back
Top Bottom