Light and temp during flower

Auggie

The last few cycles I have been doing something a little more different than I usually do.

I am running 3600 wt over three 4x8 tables.
The big AC is set at 74F.
Lights on 12/12.
CO2 enhanced to 1500 ppm.

This is the way I have been growing for decades. Really.

The last couple of years I have changed up a bit, and the results are noticeable.
Now, the lights start at 12/12; but I trim a half hour off every week (or there abouts). We have about two weeks to go till harvest and the lights are currently at 10/14.
I have a separate small AC unit hanging that until a year ago was 'abandoned in place'. (An accounting term that means that it's still there, and still works just fine but we just don't use it any more.) I put the small 110v AC on a timer so that it comes on during the lights out cycle and brings the temp to as low as it will go ... about 65F.

In my part of the world (Northern California) it gets very hot during the day in summer. Temps as high as 115F - and 110F is normal. It cools at night. So, I have my lights set to come on at midnight, and off at noon. That way, the AC doesn't have to work so hard during the hot part of the day. By 6pm it's starting to cool, so the small AC comes on then. It goes off at midnight, and by then the temp in there is as cool as it's going to get.

One other thing I'm doing is reducing the amount of CO2. I used to have it set at 1500 ppm, and went through a 50 lb can in about three weeks. I have reduced the reading to 1000 ppm. It now takes almost four weeks to burn through a can.

The result is noticeable.
Fat, hard, fragrant cola's.

Couple that with two weeks flush, and a bud wash after harvest ... yum.
I like smoking my own grow.

~ Auggie ~

Back
Top Bottom