Pod on top of bud

420time

:rollit: so im a first time a grower, and i have 4 plants flowering, my issue though is one of my flowering plants has a small pod shaped thing on the top of the main cola, what could it be?:hmmmm:

P.S. all of the flowering plants are females

:theband::rocker::ganjamon:

A seed lol even females can have the occassional pod or could be hermi, I would pick it off. The hermis i usually see dont allow the seeds to fully develop, anybody else notice that?

Hermies produce fine seeds, and they're feminized. I just grew out 12 from my last grow. And they are all females.

Again, my last grow the hermie wasn't found but I assume the plant with tons of seeds was the hermie. Plants adjacent had quite a few seeds and plants furthes away had relatively few. BTW, the herb quality was great.

Shov

It all depends on why the plant produced the male flowers. If it was from genetics then the hermie trait will pass on from generation to generation and no matter what you do or try you will always have hermies. If the male flowers came from stress then as long as you don't stress future generations the male flowers can be controlled and even bred out of the eqation totally.
But to be 100% honest..Boss is correct and shovelhandle is wrong...real hermies produce hermies. Period.

Does it look like these.
This is a rare occurrence. If you harvest the pollen from these male flowers and use it to pollinate the same strain, you will get feminised seeds.

maleflower31.jpg

maleflower4.jpg

Those are from the stress of overflowering and a last ditch effort from the plant to carry on the genetics. I like to see those at the end of flowering. I collect the pollen and use it on a few lower buds during the next grow. I've made some great crosses that way. The best to date was original Misty feminized pollen spread onto the buds of a papaya. The results ended up giving me buds with huge trichs that feel like sugar when manicuring and a super skunky smell and flavour. Too skunky sometimes if you know what I mean. What some call super earthy bud.

To make clear. The seeds were from a female plant that was polinated by a hermie.

The grow should show the facts. They are in week two of 12-12 after 6.5 weeks of veg where all have shown female preflowers. Of course, if the grow results in lots of hermies and all seeded pot then it wasn't successful. Considering that I'm smoking great herb from my last grow (where the herm poluted all the fems) that may have a few seeds, if I end up with an equal stash to that then I've learned at not too great an expense.

Shovelhandle

sweet, those pics help out alot, but do i need to get rid of it, so it doesn't possibly pollinate the other beauties that are in the room, or is it really nothing to worry about :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom