water ph advice

dustypropcrop

Hey guys,how are we all tonight? Hope all is well. Right here goes,I got myself a new piece of kit today for my grow.its a ph meter(tds-3) and I'm not sure how to read it? My tap water is 048 ppm and my rain water(which I'm using) is 021 ppm. Do I take the first zero away and put the point in the middle,thus making it 2.1? And is this suitable for my young plants?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

From Wikipedia:
A TDS Meter indicates the Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) of a solution, i.e. the concentration of dissolved solids in it. Since dissolved ionized solids such as salts and minerals increase the conductivity of a solution, a TDS meter measures the conductivity of the solution and estimates the TDS from that.

A TDS meter typically displays the TDS in parts per million (ppm). For example, a TDS reading of 1 ppm would indicate there is 1 milligram of dissolved solids in each kilogram of water
From what I've read on a few sites about your specific kit, there's unfortunately no way for you to figure out the PH.

Here's a YouTube video showing how to use the TDS-3:
[video=youtube;sdGnq-pi8DI]
[/video]

After searching page after page and absorbing what I could.......yeah,your right. I'm a bit of a dumbass,thought it was a ph meter I had purchased.lol. I'm sure it will still get used but probably £5 wasted. Gona order from amazon,got my eye on one.I think a ph meter is a Just and as I'm growing in soil,I've tracked down a ph soil testing kit from my local B & Q for £10,not to bad for 15 tests.
Anyways buddy,thanks for your input,appreciated

Glad to hear. :high-five:

Please give an update when you've got it in hand and had a chance to use it. Good luck! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I was hoping someone would've responded to you by now. I have no personal experience, but I've just done some research. From what I've read, the plants are happiest with a slightly acidic ph (6.5), though honestly the numbers people recommend anywhere online are all over the place (ranging anywhere from 5.5-7). In my opinion, unless you get some wacky number that's really far off, you'll be fine. I say stick with what you've got unless, at some point, it stops working for you.

Glad to hear it's going well so far! :woohoo: :goodluck: :thumb:

image13578.jpg

Back
Top Bottom