Advanced LED support group

somedude247

Hi, I am here because Im addicted to my Advanced LED Extreme Flower 180w;) I would like to hear from other Advanced users and get your honest opinions on them. Im in a 3x3 tent with 10 auto fems and 180 watts and I am very impressed, especially with 4 of them runts. The canopy is pretty even across the room and growth is great! Im at 38 days from seed and have many bud sites with nice little buds filling in. I think the light actually burnt a plant at 20 inches away when it was directly under the unit. I may be overly optimistic, but Im expecting over an oz per plant in promix.

Hello and welcome.

Would like to see you post a journal thread. I am curious as to how much such a setup can produce in a 9 square foot grow area when a 180-watt LED is the only illumination.

Youll find many people with advanced led lights on this site. Its never too late to start a grow journal. I would LOVE to see you walk away with 10 zips of good meds from a 180w advanced.. Honestly i think thats pushing it, but im not one to discourage. Welcome by the way.

just got a 240 watt LED system...wondering myself what the difference is...I kinda see what looks like burning too...But can't believe that cause it doesn't put out hardly any heat...well to the touch it doesn't.

That's more likely bleaching from having the unit too close. I'm not using Advanced LED's, but holy crap, those Diamond Series are lookin' to be the shit.

I'd love to do a shootout between the 200 Diamond and the GS300 Pro-Bloom....

I just got 4 of the Advanced LED 100 w Diamond series for a 4'x4' area. These lights are definitely some serious hardware. I just transplanted 12 White Russian seedlings a couple of days ago, and so far, so good. Right now, I've got the lights 30" above the plants and I'm only running the "veg" circuit (the Diamond series has 2 switches, one for "veg", primarily blue LEDs and the other is a boost for the flowering cycle with a bunch of red LEDs). I set up a journal if anyone is curious.

When they are little it is. After a couple weeks, they really like both switches on.

I agree. I went only with the blue for veg, which worked great. But I think I will put the red lights on earlier next go round.

There are a bunch of pics in my journal of their performance under the blue switch only, if you are interested. There is a link in my sig.

Looking good Goldbud! Im liking my results at 22-23 inches above the canopy. At 18 inches, the light intensity burned more leaves directly under the unit. Its not from the heat, probably the UV being on all the time. Its like sunburn. I dont have enough posts to load pics, but my grow is over at Highgrade-seeds.com in the Currents grows-Black Afghani, SS LED. I havent posted the burns yet, just noticed a couple days ago after the light had already been raised for a few days. Im using a single 300w DS in a 42"x38" closet. Its just 4 plants, so the room isnt full, but I topped and LSTed and I am amazed at the growth so far. If the colas produce like my last run with the 180w EF, I expect at least 1/2 lb from 265w draw, maybe even more. Im overly optimistic sometimes, but I got a 1/4 lb from the 180w EF.

I agree. I went only with the blue for veg, which worked great. But I think I will put the red lights on earlier next go round.
Apparently Advanced LED revised the Diamond Series grow guide. Now you're supposed to use both switches after the first week of veg. I was skeptical, but my week-old clones thrived under the extra light. :theband:

LED GROW LIGHT GUIDE

DIAMOND SERIES FEATURES

Intensity and Color Controls: There are two ON/OFF switches that control different sections of LEDs. Switch “1” is the vegetative switch: when starting clones and seedlings we suggest you use this switch for the first week of vegetative growth until the plants are adjusted to the light. Switch “2” will be the flowering switch that you will use after the 1st week of vegetative growth. Both switches should be used after the 1st week of vegetative growth for full effect and higher yields.

Infra-Red and UV LEDs:
The Diamond Series LEDs have some Ultra Violet (UV) and Infra-Red (IR) LEDs. The human eye cannot see the particular wavelength of Infra-Red we use and therefore these IR LEDs will look as if they are not working, but rest assured they are very bright and very intense for your plants.

LED Link Feature (Daisy Chain):
You can connect multiple lights together, up to 3 of the same light with the connector cable provided with your lights.

HANGING YOUR LIGHT

1. Setup/Installation: Unwrap the metal cables on the back of your light; attach each cable to the metal clip that is provided with the cables. Hang with a light hanger or chain.

2. Seedlings and Clones Hang your Diamond Series LED at least 30” away from seedlings/clones and move LED Light closer to the plant as it begins to grow and mature.

3. Flowering and Vegetating Plants The Diamond Series LEDs should be hung 20” to 24” from plant canopy for maximum flowering or vegetation of mature plants or plants that have been adjusted to high intensity light. See the Color Control description above.

Caution: These lights are not your typical LED grow lights. Do not allow plants to grow within 12” from the LEDs or they may become bleached from excess light. Never look directly into the light or LEDs without protective eyewear!

TIPS FOR SUCCESS

1. The higher you hang your light means the more coverage you will have, but you will have less intensity. It is important to find the perfect balance for your plant species and strain.

2. The closer you hang your light, the higher the intensity but the smaller your coverage area. Again, it is important for every grower to find the proper distance for your plant type. It is strongly recommended to start your plants at 30” and move to around 20” during flowering especially if you are running both switches ON.

3. The Diamond Series LEDs produce less heat than HID lights so watch your room humidity and temperature. Plants like the temperature range between 75 degrees and 85 degrees.

4. Use less water and nutrients than you would with HID lights and be very careful to watch your humidity.

5. Keep the air moving in your garden and make sure it is flowing in and through your plants.

Hi ya'll! Im very new to growing in general....soooo....as i read alot of ur journals I am liking this site more & more! My question is this: I have a small closet....maybe 3 by 3 feet....how many plants could I grow with a 150 high intensity 3w cree led panel?? Thanks for any & all help & I look forward to pullin up a chair to many of ya'lls grow rooms!

Hi ya'll! Im very new to growing in general....soooo....as i read alot of ur journals I am liking this site more & more! My question is this: I have a small closet....maybe 3 by 3 feet....how many plants could I grow with a 150 high intensity 3w cree led panel?? Thanks for any & all help & I look forward to pullin up a chair to many of ya'lls grow rooms!

Harley.....thanks bro! Appreciate that!

Back
Top Bottom