Led question

Waterlab420

So this light states its 96*3

Does that mean its 288 watts of light?

Little confused about this :p

Im running a 400MH right now. But gonna be going into a smaller area where heat might be a problem. Sooo how do you think this light would compare? I could get two of these if needed. Or just get a little bigger one?

reflector led grow light 96x3w

I have that model. The specs used to be available, it is 300 watts nominal based on the rated output of the diodes (i.e. they are 3 watt chips) but it draws an actual 168 watts in veg and right around 200 watts in full bloom mode. For comparison, a 400 watt HPS actually draws something like 450 watts total when you add in the watts drawn by the ballast.

But no, the actual maximum draw of that model is around 200 watts :)

I have that model. The specs used to be available, it is 300 watts nominal based on the rated output of the diodes (i.e. they are 3 watt chips) but it draws an actual 168 watts in veg and right around 200 watts in full bloom mode. For comparison, a 400 watt HPS actually draws something like 450 watts total when you add in the watts drawn by the ballast.

Also dependant on wether its 110v or 230v :)
I have two of those reflector models, and i have replaced the fans in both and the fabricated fans draws some juice too.

They now draw 105-110w in veg mode, and 155-160w full (veg/bloom) - i replaced them with Akasa AK 191SM - 17,5dba and 49.7 cfm

Thanks! How do you like it? Get pretty good results from it? I'm gonna be running in a 28x30x86 room so I'm thinking I should get two, seems like a good bang for the buck? Gonna be running one plant under it.

tbh i haven't finished a proper grow yet. i just received the second one a week or two ago, so won't be long before they'll get to work. But at that price you really can't complain, they do very well. But take in mind that the fans are LOUD. i am using those two leds in a 60cmx60cm grow area. If you haven't done any LED growing before, you will soon find out that the right distance is the key in growing.

Last grow, unfortunately i had to chop down early :/ 1 plant under 1 96x3w led
bvvvv.JPG

Back
Top Bottom