marsHydro 3W reflector, vs marsII 5W? whats the real answer?

Happyjoy

hey everyone. im new around here. great place u guys got going. hope i can be a part of it in the future.
im sure theres tons of threads about leds here, but ive been searching around for a while and reading hours.
in the end i figured i would post this is and hope that someone with actual experience can gimme an answer.

im looking to do a small grow, where quality is the main focus. due to my budget, im debating between a mars II with 5W diodes, or the mars reflector with the 3W diodes. still not sure which size to go with (im open to other suggestions in same price range ;) )

so basacially from most of my online reading, ive been reading that overall, 3W leds, are more effecient that 5W leds. however im wondering if this is also true with the mars series, being that apperantly they use strong drivers with their mars II 5w.

i wont be growing anything taller than 5ft, so im not sure if just the 'higher penetration' claimed for the 5W will make a difference in my case.

i spoke to iceman here who has some journals up using marshydro lights, and he told me that advanced leds are much better lights, however though the marshydro still work.... is there really a big difference in quality from a good CFl settup, to the marshydro lights?

could anyone here who has actual experience vegging and flowering with both of these lights or other 3w and 5w leds, please share their opinions? thnks!
:thumb:

Hello Happy Joy,

becuase you metion our competitor, so I can not answer your questions,I would like to be objective and fair:) I believe the people are using our lights can answer your questions better. welcome to our topic and put your questions, I believe my friends will help you very fast.

PS: my topic is in my signature.

Hello Happyjoy, can you post the question in my thread? I cannot tell you how exact the difference of harvest from the 3watt and 5watt lights, but I believe you will get better helped from other growers in my thread. :circle-of-love: They have real experience.:thumb:

If you look around this site it is obvious that the Mar II lights will grow some decent plants. Even the 3 watt lights. The Advance lights are top quality but IMHO overpriced. Sounds like your going to setup a small system so either the 3 watt or 5 watt should work fine. You mentioned you plants might go as high as 5 ft so a 5 watt light might do better in that situation, but they will run hotter than the 3 watt.
I own several LED lamps and all of them are 3 watt lights and they work great.

Back
Top Bottom