What's the better choice?

zSaber

Okay so i'm getting a 4ftx2ftx5ft grow tent & not too sure which lights to get.

2 MARS REFLECTOR-48 LED
Vivosun 600w HPS w/ air cooled reflector

Comment the better choice for this grow tent please and thank you.:thumb:

You have two very separate and unique options. By the options you gave us I am guessing your budget is limited to about $200. Neither of those is a great solution. The Mars Hydro gives you 25 watts per square foot and the Vivo sun gives you 75 watts per square foot. If the Vivosun is dimmable, then that is the way I would go. If not I am afraid you may find the heat a bit much to manage in your space. You really need 2 of the Mars panels to light that tent adequately. Perhaps look at the older style Mars Hydro 300, you could afford three of them and they would give you 50 watts per square foot, a nice starting point for a new grower. Check eBay but make sure you buy from seller "marshydro".

You have two very separate and unique options. By the options you gave us I am guessing your budget is limited to about $200. Neither of those is a great solution. The Mars Hydro gives you 25 watts per square foot and the Vivo sun gives you 75 watts per square foot. If the Vivosun is dimmable, then that is the way I would go. If not I am afraid you may find the heat a bit much to manage in your space. You really need 2 of the Mars panels to light that tent adequately. Perhaps look at the older style Mars Hydro 300, you could afford three of them and they would give you 50 watts per square foot, a nice starting point for a new grower. Check eBay but make sure you buy from seller "marshydro".

Vivo sun does come with a dimmable ballast and the Mars Hydro 300 i seen was $99 & the mars reflector was like $101 or something lol. But i don't really have a budget of $200, i'm just not trying to spend $400 on some lights to start off but as i gain more experience i will invest more into it. Also the vivo sun has a air cooled reflector plus i'll put 2 fans and a exhaust system so heat shouldn't really be much of a problem and with a a/c in the room.

Go to eBay and search "Mars Hydro 300" they have a 2 pack for like $144. Don't waste money on intake fans for that setup, just get you a solid exhaust fan and a speed controller. What temp is the room that you are putting the tent in?

Go to eBay and search "Mars Hydro 300" they have a 2 pack for like $144. Don't waste money on intake fans for that setup, just get you a solid exhaust fan and a speed controller. What temp is the room that you are putting the tent in?

Okay cool, i found them. So would those be the better choice out of all 3 of the lights? & i'm not home right now to temp it but it's a decent temperature but as summer is coming up i'll most likely have my ac on 24/7 and it gets pretty cold and the tent would be some what close to it.

No, the lights I am talking about aren't any better than the reflectors, they are just cheaper. The reflectors have the veg and flower switch as well as the reflector mechanism. Beyond that I believe the lights are the same. You could also just grab a reflector 144 and be good to go. I like having more lights in case something happens to one you still have another. Also you can position them however you like. That's just me though.

No, the lights I am talking about aren't any better than the reflectors, they are just cheaper. The reflectors have the veg and flower switch as well as the reflector mechanism. Beyond that I believe the lights are the same. You could also just grab a reflector 144 and be good to go. I like having more lights in case something happens to one you still have another. Also you can position them however you like. That's just me though.

Yeah i feel you. I might just go with the vivo sun for now, they had some good reviews and it comes with a digital ballast and the air cooled hood. Especially since i would only need one of those to grow 2-3 plants for now but once i get my 2nd grow down i might look into the LED's a little bit more.

This is grown under a Mars 300:volcano-smiley:
4-29_003.JPG
4-29_004.JPG
4-29_005.JPG

what's their name? may i hang out with them sometimes?:cheer:
I use 3 in a 2 1/2 ft * 5 ft area, usually 1 plant under each, been running 2 years now.:volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom