Light options for a 3x3 tent

TheEEngineer

So I am looking at outfitting my old 3x3 tent for flowering as I got a new mother tent.
I designed and built a 450w cxb3590 light for my main flowering tent but I am not sure if I want to go that route again so I am looking at other options.

The options I am currently looking at is an air cooled 600W hps or a 315w cmh.
The tent is not tall enough to look at DE lamps, however I only grow indicas and currently running some short cookies kush clones.
Budget is about $450 (could go more but I am not really interested in any led lights as I could just build my own again)

Here is the 450w cob setup I built.
IMG_20160812_191019.jpg
IMG_20160901_184703.jpg

Ye got good results with those home made LEDs/Cobs.

Well i'd more likely stick with a 600 w hps air cooled reflector of a good size it is tried & tested.

Whilst 315 w cmh are new to the market i've not seen any journals or people using them yet as far as i'm aware ? but seems to have bold claims to match a 600w hps ?

Well i'm pretty old school about light tec most of the time but 600w hps & the blockbuster should serve ya just fine & might just be a little tight with over all length once ducting is added in a 3 by 3 tent.

Mmm 315w cmh, ye heard comments they burn hotter so a temp issue may be ?

Ye seen a youtube vid with a comparison vs 600w hps to led of around 300w draw with 315w cmh thrown in, seen a few of his short clips well like 20 odd mins or so off rambling & basically whilst enjoying a much smaller electric bill over a 600w hps set up it effectively halfed his yield... so ye watt per watt vs hps/led is a big thing when it comes to yield ?

Even tho the 315w cmh out performed the leds, but a fair few different strains where grown & not all yield the same ! so ye one of those points...

Back
Top Bottom