Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Using Vinegar For lowering Ph

Question Using Vinegar For lowering Ph

Has anyone ever tried using Vinegar to lower Ph levels in a hydro grow? Can it hurt the plants? What about using Baking Soda to raise Ph?

Re: Using Vinegar For lowering Ph

i use vinegar to lower my ph its actually been more stable then ph down, if i need to raise it i just add tap water.
    If a man is guilty for what goes on in his mind, then give me the electric chair for all my future crimes.

Thanks for the reply. I started using distilled white vinegar in place of Ph down and it seems to be working just fine.

420 Member

Wow!
    Really guys...good stuff!
    No side effects?????
    How long you been using the vineger???
    It would be ALOT cheaper than PH down! flippin rip -off i swear.

420 Member

check out my grow.
    I used vinegar once I realized i needed to lower my ph because of nutrient lock-out issues.
    I used about 1-2 tbsp vin. / gal water to bring the ph from 7.8 to about 6.5

Check out the pics of my grow in the sig. I only had 1 plant under a 150W HPS and got over 3 oz dried (the plant vegged for about 3-4 months though).

yeah i use happy harvest white distilled vinegar. i put in one cap per gallon and drops the ph to 5.6 every time no bad side effects at all.
    If a man is guilty for what goes on in his mind, then give me the electric chair for all my future crimes.

420 Member

This is interesting. One would think that vinegar might react to the nutes one is using. What are all of you folks using in yoru grows? I might have to give this a try on my next grow just for the heck of it.

CGs

Nug of the Month Winner - August 2012 Closet Farmer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is great info!!! I would be very interested to hear about baking soda raising ph also. Where did you get this info?

Blog Entries

Question Re: Using Vinegar For lowering Ph

I love this thread! I'm sorry it hasn't been more active lately. I have used white distilled vinegar instead of pH Down on occasion and it has worked for me. I would like to know if anyone has experienced any side effects from vinegar as well as the use (and side effects) of baking soda or other substances when raising pH levels.
    Cannabis: The only negative is the stigma...

I think i will start trying this out on chilli plants! good thread

Blog Entries

I have used the baking soda before but never vineager. Ill have to remember that. Thanks for the great info everyone
    Toke_Smoke_Never Choke

Blog Entries

ive heard you can use vinegar to lower and baking soda to raise it but wasnt sure how much to use p/gal. thanx for the info

I realize this is a old thread, but if anyone out there is listening, I think this thread saved my plant's life!! And if so, MY HAT IS OFF TO YOU!!! I will know more later. Just watered her with vinegar, about 1 TBS per 3/4 gallon water. My pH was pretty high, about 7.4 or so. I checked runoff, it's now like 6.2 to 6.4 Not bad!!! proves my aquarium pH tester works too! sweet! 2 birds with 1 stone, and my baby might be saved!! She is looking horrid.
    420 Magazine
    Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993
    http://www.420magazine.com

Hey dude theirs always someone watching lol.

Anyway glad to hear its workin, i have used it before as well and it does work. Glad im not the only one atruggleing at the moment ive burnt my plant with humidity ha ha muppet i am.

With the vinegar try to flush it a dorf or so after or when the soils dry. I also use nutes to lower the ph as well. Not sure if that strictly works but it does on the ph test. Good luck dude and merry crimbo

Thanks Motionman! Appreciate the reply! I'm going to have to check out your grow. My pH was high for like, 3 wks, or maybe more. My leaves all fell off, and it got lockout bad. I wasn't sure if my pH tester was working correctly, so I didn't do anything. Then last night, I got smart, and started experimenting, and my tester works just fine, and I lowered the pH, and now I am waiting (9 hrs uuugghh) for the lights to come back on, so I can see how she looks. It's gonna be a long wait. lol.
    420 Magazine
    Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993
    http://www.420magazine.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast