Need a real solution for the Hard Water unstable PH level

clubbd

I use the local well water for hydros, PH always higher than 8.5, I use the Glacial acetic acid(same as vinegar but higher concentrations) to bring down the PH, but no matter how much acid added in or no matter how low the PH level I got in that moment, few days after the PH level back to original that higher than 8.5.

I grow with the 20Liter DWC system by the way.

ANY HELP WILL BE GREAT, thx

If you are adjusting pH at the time of feeding/watering, then what it is 3 days later should only be relevant when you feed again. So, you add your pH-adjusted soup again and start the cycle over. After a week, you should be changing your res water. If pH fluctuates that much, you might just look at changing more often than you are now.

That was my first thought too Cultivator, but I suppose I out-reasoned myself. I assumed since he was schlepping the water from a well, he wouldn't have the adequate pressure to push the water through the membrane. My RO filter said it needs 60 lb/ft pressure to work. Kind of rude for me to assume I suppose.

Sounds like an RO filter is more trouble than it's worth. Might I suggest you collect rain water? You might as well figure out a system. They have hand pumps I believe. Maybe you can boil a huge pot of water and store it for future hydro use? I would not use just pure well water.. You have options friend!

r/o filter more trouble than worth? its super simple to set up and is the absolute best water for growing weed. It gives u absolute control of what u put in. Boiling the water wont bring the ph down, it wont do anything other than kill some bacteria, it wont change the mineral composition of the water which is what is causing the high ph in the first place.

r/o filter more trouble than worth? its super simple to set up and is the absolute best water for growing weed. It gives u absolute control of what u put in. Boiling the water wont bring the ph down, it wont do anything other than kill some bacteria, it wont change the mineral composition of the water which is what is causing the high ph in the first place.

Being well water, my thoughts were boiling it would kill anything organic in it. And I agree using a r/o system is easy and convenient but he wouldn't have a way to use the filter without pressure.

I'd boil my water or distill it with a drip system IN general if I lived where he lived.

Back
Top Bottom