My Hydro is it ok?

w4nn13

I have one ak47/nycd flowering its sitting on a 8 pot wilma system this is my first test grow, my questions are do I need to add, air pump and water heating to my tank the temp is around 50-60f

Also I have been watering the plant 5 times a day for 10 mins on 24hr timer. I start with 3 times a day sprouting then went to 4 times a day veg and now 5 times a day flowering. Is this correct?

The plant looks good so far the only problem I have had is leaves going yellow at bottom during flowering which I believe this normal? and the other problem is some new top leaves have gone bright yellow with some green one or two almost white (but not) I believe this is Iron deficiency? if so how do I get them green again, I am in my 7 week of flowering so will be flushing for the last 8th week.

thanks in advance:slide:

Media I am using is Clay Pebbles with rockwool grow-cubes, regarding temp, tonight it was around 50f the other day it was around 60f depending on weather as I am using a shed in back garden so tank is in a grow tent which sits on a cold concrete floor, its my main problem being in outside shed with one out-take fan and vents at bottom of tent which draws air from outside from under door etc. as I am near the coast so humidity changes a lot as it is high here I cant bring my humidity down no lower than 55%. Its under a 400wt cool tube, air is sucked through a carbon filter over bulb and out the tent, hope this helps.

Just a side note I have no way of testing pH levels or ppm or EC either as I cant afford any of these tools I will have to buy some on my next grow I do change the tank once every 2 weeks and sometimes once a week

I think 5 times for 10 mins spaced evenly light and dark are fine. I need to see a pic bro.
buy a 20 dollar Ph pen and your good to go. change the water WEEKLY. use the bottles instructions for PPM and start at 50%.

Hey Pit thanks, ok I will lend a camera and take a picture of the yellow leaves, I will change tank weekly from now on then as well. I have not seen any 20 dollar pH pens around. BTW I have changed tank because its the last week of flowering with clearing solution (Advanced Hydroponics Of Holland, Advanced Final Solution 250ml) I have managed to get the temp up and humidity down to around 72f and 45% so am happy with that for now I installed a heater with an auto thermostat. Regarding the tank do you think I would need to add a water heater and air pump? I could rise tank of floor by have an inch or something I would say that would rise temp to around 65f.

Most folks have problems keeping the nutrient temperature cool enough, but to raise the temperature, I have used aquarium heaters.

It might take a while to get it dialed in, but it will keep your tank at a constant temperature.

Ok here is a picture of the bud fan leaf that's yellow with some green it might be hard to see but I stuck in a box to focus it, its in the 8 week of flowering with clearing solution I did notice my roots have started to get better as well since I start flushing.
IMG_20988.jpg

yes they look great...a lil overnuted I think...all the edges are severlely raised and they look crispy on the tips. they will finish ok but keep the PH in spec
here is a cheap PH pen, I dont use that sight but there several to choose from

$19 Milwaukee PH600 pH Tester, eSeasongear Free Shipping!

Ok thanks for info Pit, I was thinking of buying one of these called a 3-1 meter:

Trident Meter - 3 in 1

Let me know what you think, I tried some of my bud last night, boy was it nice lol yum, also I still don't have an answer to one of my questions which is do I need a air pump and water heater for my tank? meaning will it help the grow? or should I not bother seems my tank does not contain roots etc

Ok thanks for info Pit, I was thinking of buying one of these called a 3-1 meter:

Trident Meter - 3 in 1

Let me know what you think, I tried some of my bud last night, boy was it nice lol yum, also I still don't have an answer to one of my questions which is do I need a air pump and water heater for my tank? meaning will it help the grow? or should I not bother seems my tank does not contain roots etc
air is always good...so yes. heater...65 is a good target. if you need a heater to hit 65 then yes...Ill look at the meter
I checked it out...never heard of it and can offer no advice. for 30 usd more you could get a Milwaukee SM802..I have had it for 2 years using it nonstop,,some probes went bad but they were replaced the same day...works great and I use it daily...the one you listed may be great but I dont know.
Plant Lighting Hydroponics - Grow Lights, Hydroponic Systems, Organic Nutrients, Grow Tents, LED Lights

iam using a 5gal bucket to i started off doing a bubbler and add sub pump in bucket to make atop feed out of it . what do you use to flush your medium with

What does this mean?

*** DO NOT buy if you are using digital ballasts! ***
im guessing interference from the digi ballast fucks with it....?

im guessing interference from the digi ballast fucks with it....?

:thumb: Poorly (or not at all) shielded electronic ballasts are radio transmitters that can interfere with other devices to one degree or other. This has been an ongoing thing. Lumatek, for example, went with a shielded cord-set at one time (if I am not mistaken). Last I heard, new Lumatek ballasts were supposed to be correctly shielded and one could use any cord-set without worry of RF interference, but I have not talked to anyone who has purchased their newest models and done their own frequency tests, so I can neither confirm or deny at this time.

When such a problem exists, it might be more evident with a meter that is plugged into house mains because it could be on the same circuit as the offending device.

Easy solution (but a PitA) if one has interference is to unplug the offending device. The important thing would be to actually be aware that one has a problem, because if I remember correctly from reading journals, the meters don't display "---" when they're screwy - they just show an incorrect reading. So, a person who had a problem and was unaware could conceivably adjust their pH out of range.

Best thing would be to take a few readings with everything working and again with those devices which might be causing a problem disconnected and compare them.

Poorly (or not at all) shielded electronic ballasts are radio transmitters that can interfere with other devices to one degree or other.

How can I tell if my Digital HPS Dope Growing Lights are emitting RF?
I haven't noticed any interference with my computers or TV.

i would assume you could buy one and plug it in and see if the cal solution gives the wrong reading ?? i guess you could always add one of those ferrite filters to the ac line as well. to get freq serching equipment would be very costly. I think if you go to the hanna website, they offer a model that costs a tad bit more that will work with digital ballasts. Personally i dont think u ll have a problem if you keep them seperate and use different outlet and add the ferrite filter you would be safe. i could test it when i get mine, well but i dont use dig ballasts yet, maybe buy xmas i will =)

How can I tell if my Digital HPS Dope Growing Lights are emitting RF?
I haven't noticed any interference with my computers or TV.

As far as it pertains to possibly interfering with your meter? Take a reading with the lights on and then immediately unplug the light and take another reading. They should match.

In general? Get a decent scanner and set it to search from 25-1300 mHz or whatever its range is. It'll stop on transmissions. Some will be actual transmissions and some will be from RFI. (Some will undoubtedly be from internal interference in the scanner.)

When in doubt, build a Faraday cage, lol.

Back
Top Bottom