My First Grow! Lemon G - Death Star

Inxter2009

Ok Here goes...
Starting with a 4' x 62' room. 6-8 5gl pots.
NUTES: Botanicare pure blend pro soil supplement kit ( Pure Blend Pro Grow, Pro Bloom Soil and Liquid Karma,Cal-Mag Plus, Sweet Berry and Clearex)
LIGHTS: 1000W HPS/MH
SOIL: FF ocean forest soil.
STRAIN: 6-8 clones 5 Lemon G & 5 Deathstar
RES: 20 gallon
Im using a black/white poly 5.5 mil thickness hopefully reflective enough.
Finishing up water and room set up today. So I'm not sure where to go from here.....Im very nervous.... They are rooted & ready for my love and care. Wish me luck.

My First Grow! Lemon G/ Death Star

So I jumped the gun on my first journal attempt, so heres goes the second try on my 1st grows journal.
I'm using a hortilux 1000w MH for veg.
Botanicare nutrients: Pro grow/liquid karma/cal-mag
25 gallon Res
3X5 area black/white poly walls 2 fresh air intakes with a 12" scrubber doubled as a hood cooler.
3 Lemon G clones
2 Death Star
1 Dumpster
Ok, when i first got these babies, they had me scared. They looked like there was no saving them. First thing I did was get them under light, and give them some much needed nutes. Im running them on a 18 hr cycle. I am still having issues with the heat, it has reached as high as 86. My mentor says leave the tent cracked nd that works, but it's not contained at all! (this worries me). I have 2 4 " inline duct fans piping in the fresh air, but this just isn't enough. I wonder if 6" will make a significant difference in heat removal. I will post pics in a minute. Any help/pointers/positive criticism are more then welcome. thank you for looking at my first grow journal.

Re: My First Grow!! Lemon G/ Death Star

photo185.JPG
photo-67.JPG
photo-510.JPG
photo-410.JPG
photo-130.JPG
photo-218.JPG
photo-313.JPG

Re: My First Grow! Lemon G/ Death Star

UPDATE!! so i was looking at the girls since i had the tent open (to help with the heat issue) and was basically trying to figure out what is causing the heat build up. the area between where the glass and the hood meet there is a small gap and hot air was leaking back into my tent at a high rate. so with my friend the ol' trusty reflective duct tape we fixed the heat issue!! the girls are basking in a sweet 79 degree day!

1:30pm its night time for the kids. can't wait to wake them up @ 7:30. So we can listen to some southern rock together. Music always wakes me up in the morning. So hopefully they will too! My whole day seems to be consumed by me peeking in on them, or on this great forum reading vital information, or just admiring someone else's beautiful accomplishments. I guess i'll read some more and update my journal when i cycle the lights.:circle-of-love:

So I woke up the babies, they look great. There is one thing thats bothering me, a few leaves look shiny/wilted only one or two...but none the less. I had a heat issue( maybe this caused it?) for the firs few days. but I'm trying to keep it under control. its running at 82 today. thats hot i know but i don't know what else to do....add another blower?

photo-98.JPG
photo-89.JPG
photo-78.JPG
photo-1211.JPG
photo-1111.JPG
photo-106.JPG

These are the pics i have currently before i change the bulb tomorrow. I had a few concerns, the yellowing on the tip of a few leaves. And one leaf had a few brown spots like i let notes from feeding on it. So please leave me comments, advice , thoughts on my progress.. Don't just look and run, I need community input!!:morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom