First Time Growing & Learning to Grow

pharoah

Hi there,
i am a first time grower
i`ve received 15 seeds from nirvana shop 5 white widows and 10 freebies
i`ve killed 1 white widow and 4 freebies while learning to germinate and grow cannabis
one freebie is doing great and it reached the 5th set of leaves now
and another 2 freebies still popping till now after germinating and putting them in soil a week ago
when germinating them i soaked them in a cup of mineral water till they sank then used a paper towel method till it showed about 1 inch taproot then transplanted to my soil mix in a plastic cup
the soil is a mix of perlite and compost and peat moss and a bit of sand and mud and i added a little dolomite lime to adjust the ph mixed it a week before adding germinated seeds to soil
water ph is between 6.5 - 7
light is UFO LED 180W + 32 CFL and will add another 105W CFL when flowering
the oldest seed which is 5 set of leaves i burnt it when it was a seedling while adding 20.5.5 nutes but i flushed it the second day when i realized that the leaf tips turned yellow and now it is alive and kicking
after a month i popped another 3 seeds 2 unknown freebies and one white widow
i soaked the white widow cup by mistake and tried to transplant it to another larger pot to avoid root rot due to the huge amount of water
while doing that, the medium collapsed coz it was full of perlite and i found my self holding the whole seedling with its root without any soil
i digged the larger pot and flushed the root with H2O2 diluted with water then i added it to the soil, the root was white and no signs of any rot
the second day the stem wilted so i added suger diluted to water and h2o2 and add some of it to the soil coz i heard that sugar water is ok for transplanting shock.
after that i burried more amount of wilted stem to help it stand and not to wilt
now it is the 4th day and it is the same i moved it away from the direct light to help it build the roots again and to stabilize in the new soil, however.
one of the cotyledons tip is turning to black green
so i dont know what else to do...i am watching it closely like every 3 to 6 hours i check it
the other 2 newly germinated freebies are ok but the are waaaaaaaaaay slow growing
i will add some pics later
and will update as soon as possible

re: First Time Growing & Learning to Grow

You are killing them with kindness.

Sprout your seeds in the Pot , not tissue etc. Use a warm surface and moist soil for the pots , then water with a measuring cup once seeds are in , add 1 cup of water per 5" circumference container to the soil surface , leave for 1 week.
Your seeds should now be up and green , do not add more water just yet let the seedlings go searching for water ,it will cause the roots to grow.

add water once the container starts feeling light , You should keep a empty pot with dry soil in it so you can compare its weight to the seedlings pots weight for a good idea on moisture content until you learn how a dry pot feels , Do not let the plants get Bone dry at this stage moist not soaked is the goal.

Once the soil dries out somewhat I find its best to put a glass / cup over the seedling then water around it so the outer edge of the pot soak up the water FIRST.

If you start adding fertilizers on top of the pre fertilized potting soil for your seedling stage you are asking for trouble, for one the roots will not go searching as deep and for two you can OVER fertilize them very easily. If you feel your soil / soilless mixture is weak in fertilizers mix a 1/4 strength mix of fertilizer and use as a tonic of sorts.

Do not add perlite to the potting soil , buy premixed potting soil and leave it alone , you will be feeding it with a light fertilizer mix , 1/2 strength should work for you and help keep the plants from being over fertilized , a very very common occurrence with novices & beginners.

what about the shocked white widow ?
is it gonna survive or should i pop another one ?
and am i doing the right thing with it keeping it away from light and holding the stem and helping it to gain its power again ?
and what about sugary water does it really help in transplanting shocks ?

This white widow femenized seedling was shocked while transplanting

the medium was collapsed while transplanting and the seedling got off the medium with its full root

second day it wilted so i have burried the wilted stem to support it

moved it away from direct ligh to give it the chance to re-establish the root in the new medium

now it is 4 days and it is the same .. while the tip of one cotyledon is turning to black green

flushed it with h2o2 dilutes with mineral water and sugar and just waiting to see its progress

As for stressed plants...I've had plants drop out of my hands and the complete dirt ball fell away from the roots. I then replanted them and watered well and in a few days you'd never know anything stressful happened to the them. Still you don't want to do this as a habit. But in the end, it's just a weed and it will grow almost anywhere when it has the right mixture of medium, water, nutes and light.

Yep don't do to much.

If you kill so much you should just put the beans in warm water for 6 - 12 hours and then put them in moist soil.
Do not feed them till 3 sets of leafs and max @ 1/4 strengths, with good soil you don't have to feed for 2 weeks.

Don't flush with H2O2 this destroys al needful things in that soil.
Mykorrhiza is a good thing to add for good roots, this is in white shark or just oogel it.
I bought it in a garden centre for 10$ 4 pounds and works great.
IMG_20141202_211750.jpg

Do not overwater them it often takes 7 - 10 days to dry if they are young.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom