420's Totalnewbie61 Grow Journal

totalnewbie61

420 Member
2 Strains: Nagual (mostly Indica1:1 ratio CBD/THC) 2 plants; White Widow (mostly Sativa THC content 20%) auto flower, 1 plant.
All from feminized seeds.

Currently in veg state, 7 weeks old.
Grown in indoor 5x5 grow tent with LED light until today, when we switched over to florescent once we added another smaller tent.
Grown in Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting soil with some perlite added to it.
They are in 5 gallon buckets (just transplanted this week).
Watering/feeding (both FloraNova veg and Microbe Brew) every other day.

Plant 1 is about 22"; plant 2 is 18", plant 3 (White Widow) is 16".

I have just germinated 4 Afghan Kush seeds today as well. They will be planted into cups with the same soil as above tomorrow.

Sounds like you're off to a great start already. And a nice sized tent to grow into. It's such a great feeling opening up that tent and seeing so much green (and other purdy colours).

Yes, thank you! Now if I can just gather the information and courage to approach the next steps! I'm getting close to flowering, but I'm advised that my lights must change and I need to understand fiming, removing the bottom branches, etc. So much to learn. I sure hope I do it right!

On the old 420 sight you could “subscribe” to someone’s journal and follow with notifications. So members would say they are “subbed” to a journal. Now to follow specific journals we use “watched threads”

2 Strains: Nagual (mostly Indica1:1 ratio CBD/THC) 2 plants; White Widow (mostly Sativa THC content 20%) auto flower, 1 plant.
All from feminized seeds.

Currently in veg state, 7 weeks old.
Grown in indoor 5x5 grow tent with LED light until today, when we switched over to florescent once we added another smaller tent.
Grown in Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting soil with some perlite added to it.
They are in 5 gallon buckets (just transplanted this week).
Watering/feeding (both FloraNova veg and Microbe Brew) every other day.

Plant 1 is about 22"; plant 2 is 18", plant 3 (White Widow) is 16".

I have just germinated 4 Afghan Kush seeds today as well. They will be planted into cups with the same soil as above tomorrow.
why did you switch to fluorescent if led was working for you?

why did you switch to fluorescent if led was working for you?

Good Question - Actually, the issue was that the LED wasn't quite big enough for 3 plants. We would have needed another one to get the coverage everyone says to have. So we put the LED in a separate and smaller grow tent with the idea of using that for a mother plant for cloning. As soon as we're in the position to do that.

Good Question - Actually, the issue was that the LED wasn't quite big enough for 3 plants. We would have needed another one to get the coverage everyone says to have. So we put the LED in a separate and smaller grow tent with the idea of using that for a mother plant for cloning. As soon as we're in the position to do that.
LED's are all that I grow with.
I used to use those HPS lights but the heat is hard to control.
I never tried growing with fluorescents and not a big fan of them.
LED's are not that expensive and they give you good results.
If you train your plants then you can get light to where you need it.

LED's are all that I grow with.
I used to use those HPS lights but the heat is hard to control.
I never tried growing with fluorescents and not a big fan of them.
LED's are not that expensive and they give you good results.
If you train your plants then you can get light to where you need it.

I'm sorry, I didn't quite finish answering your original question. When we removed the LED from the big tent to put in the small, we went with fluorescents just to finish the veg grow. Made that decision too fast, but those lights still may be returnable. We ended up with an HPS system that several people told me were a non-negotiable need for flowering. Since you use LED's, I'd be interested in a more in-depth tale of your experiences with them? Thanks in advance.

DSCF9645.JPG

The proof is in the photos.
Nitro lemon haze,last grow I did
This grow was under two 300w Mars LED's

Attachments

• DSCF9646.JPG
    DSCF9646.JPG
    689 KB · Views: 118
I started with a 600w HPS then went with Perfect Sun leds and I’d never think of going back to HPS. Right now I’m running 260w Quantum Board kits from Horticulture Lighting Group.

Back
Top Bottom