Special Lady Part2 - Perpetual Indoor Growing

Rx-420dank

welcome back every one..

Since the Completion of Looking for That Special Lady.
Through much reading and a bit more Hands on Growing Experience, With the recent completion of my new 2nd
Grow room.
I find my self in the position with great Excitement to Finally be able to Invite you all Back for another adventure in Looking for that Special Lady Part 2. The Perpetual Grow.
I welcome back all my old friends and new soon to be friends, Input, thoughts and idea's are welcomed.
My goal this grow is to gain and Share new experiences among all my Green Thumb Friends.

Re: Special Lady Part2. Perpetual Indoor Growing.

Starting off, I would like to share the basics of Perpetual Growing. For any new up coming Growers.
Perpetual Growing:
requires two grow tents, rooms or separate grow area's and a
dark dry area for Drying. Be for moving on to the Curing Jars.

One Room for vegetative stage/growth. 18hrs Light.
The 2nd Room
for Flowering/Budding cycle. 12hr light.
A Cloning station which can be located in the Veg room.

Perpetual Growing has many benefits with very few draw backs. Which Allows the grower to
start and Run an endless Growing Cycle. Allowing an endless Supply of medication.
Being able to veg out a number of plants, putting a few at a time in to the Flowering room. Staggering a
Grow Cycle. While keeping a balance of clones taken from Plants, When moving them from Veg to Flowering Stage.
Having a ready Supply of Clones and Ladies in Different stages of veg and Budding, Will allow the grower to be able to recover from
random Grower mess ups and mistakes, Or a Loss of Plants due to Mold mildews mites or pest's.

A few Draw Backs of Perpetual Growing for example are,
Need more grow area/space. Extra grow lighting For Veg and
Flowering Rooms. Extra Fan's. and a little higher Power bill.

the Benefits more than Covers any and all Draw backs..
If you have the Space or location, Perpetual Growing is a wonderful way to go.

Special Lady Part2 Perpetual Growing:

During Looking for that Special Lady part1, I grew a Strain named Caramelicious from seed.
And at the End Introduced a few new Strains for my Next, now Past Crop. Acapulco Gold and White Widow.

In This Grow Log,
I will be Growing out 3 Strains from clone. 1 strain from Seed.

The Cycle in Which I hope to be Successful in will consist of
12 to 18 Ladies Plus Clones in the Vegetation Room
with 12 Ladies in the Flowering Room.

One last thing be for getting Started.
I am a little late Starting this Log. But I do have Fill in Pic's.

Ok lets Get Started:

Between my 2 current room set ups, I Currently have going

Veg Room:
9 ladies believed to be Stumble Bud.
Gifted to me by a Friend as a Limit Filler to help get me Started.
Received them while still in the small white foam Dixie cup's.

Current Clone's: Taken about aweek ago.

x 21 White Widow, 3rd Generation.
x12 Acapulco Gold, 3rd Gen
x10 Caramelicious, 4th Gen

Currently in my Flowering Room:
These Ladies been Under 12/12 light for the past 3 days, Since 4/20/15.

1) Caramelicious. From Clone's 3rd Generation. x3
2) White Widow. Clone 2nd Gen. x3
3) Acapulco Gold. Clones 2nd Gen. x4
4) Stumble Bud. x2 from seed. Also Gifted to me by the same friend.

Since All 12 Ladies Currently under 12/12 lighting Will all be harvested at the same time, Almost ending
my Cycle. My plans for this log is to Show the Rotation of the Perpetual grow Cycle.
Rotating in Ladies During the 8-9week Flowering Time, Staggering a new Cycle.

During This Grow, I will be Using

Soil: MB1 and Or ProMix.
GRowing in 5 Gal Buckets.
Lighting:
x1 1000watt MH in the Veg Room.
x2 1000watt HPS in the Flowering Room.
Nutrients: General Organics GoBox, But upgraded to the Larger Bottles.

New Grow Room:
This is What my new grow room Area use to look like. Also at the Time of this Pic, Had no outlets or usable power connection.
Only had afew small CFL basement ceiling lights.
SAM_11614.JPG

after Cleaning out my Basement,
I just Installed a 50amp Subpanel and Wired in x2 240v outlets on there own 20amp breakers, 1 for Each Light.
Plus 2 other 20amp 120v Circuit on 2 separate 20amp Breakers. One just for Fans, The other for General Purpose and my new subpump. I just Dug and concreted a hole for.
Made the Sub pump hole a big large in the floor to be able to be used as a in ground deep sink. Giving me a place to Flush and or use for what ever reason which may arise.
Also Piped in a Hoes connection, to have Easy access to Running water for my ladies.

What the new Grow area now Looks like:

022355.JPG

021400.JPG

020425.JPG

019436.JPG

018493.JPG

0101133.JPG

0091239.JPG

0081391.JPG

0071518.JPG

0061628.JPG

0041954.JPG

0051836.JPG

0022178.JPG

The Light Rails Ran WAY to hot in just afew short min's. Tried them on a timer aswell, on for 15mins off for 30. Befor the 15mins on time were up. The light rail motors could not be Touched due to hotness.
Those 2 rails were nothing but a waste of time and Money. Those are now removed from the Grow Room for Safety reasons.
Which I Greatly like more so now, No more hanging wires.

In just afew short mins, I will Have Pics posted of my ladies with Both new and old grow room in use.

So hard to Chose where to start, So many Ladies to show...

The Black Tape outlining on the floor around my grow Area is 7.5' wide, by 12' to the start of the Sub pump hole. 14.6' to the wall.
Using x2 1000w HPS to cover a total grow box area of 7.5'x11-12'. Rotating each plant 180* each day.

Here are a few ladies in my new current grow area, from beginning to current

026292.JPG

025309.JPG

024305.JPG

023333.JPG

I still have a few small adjustments and fans to add to the room.
The Temp and RH% of the Flowering Room has been between 65-75f and 43-56% RH.
I am trying to get and keep the RH% down between 40-45%.

Dealing currently with all the Snow melt off and Rain. This is basement Flooding time of year here. Knock on wood, Mines Staying Dry atm.
Another week two at the most and I'll be past any and all worries of flooding. Only mildly flooded once in the past 5 1/2 yrs I been here.
Lucky me....

I hope every one Likes the Pic's, and Where I hope to be heading with this Growlog and my setup and growing abilities.
I am hoping to upgrade Hoods and fans befor or at Harvest time. Sure Would love to see 2 Raptor Reflector hoods hanging in my Flowering room. Bah, Im sure im just Smoking Pipe Dreams on that one. I better start counting can's and saving up my pennies cuz its ganna be along while be for I see those hoods.

IF any one has any Growing idea's Tips tricks, Feed back good or bad. Room Setup idea's lighting/system set ups. or just see any thing I maybe or about to be doing wrong, by all means Plz feel free to jump in any time.
I am looking forward to hearing what every ones has for input and thoughts.

Just for Fun, I would like to Share.

At the end of Special lady Part one. When I harvested my Lovely Ladies, I left afew Bud sites at the base of each plant. Stating I was going to try and re-veg Part one ladies. The out Come..
After Harvesting and moved those Buckets back in to the Veg Room under 18hrs light. for about a month. At which Time I moved them out doors and planted in the Ground. I don't have all the Pics I would like to of had. But her Goes. I hope you Enjoy these ladies that got me through the winter.

These Ladies took to Re-Veg Awesomely. Total of 9.
SAM_11763.JPG

SAM_11752.JPG

SAM_11742.JPG

SAM_11732.JPG

SAM_11712.JPG

SAM_11703.JPG

After Putting these Ladies in the Ground, I let them go. and only Checked them about once a week. Until one day all he Surrounding cover, was no longer concealing. Finding my self realizing I picked an Awful Spot.

9 Ladies Standing 6 ft tall and about 4 foot wide. In wide view of any one who pulled in my yard. I know Dumb azz.
So I Pruned them up and Tied them all over the Best I could.
I just hated the Idea of any walking off in the middle of the night. Which never happened. Thank goodness.

SAM_1245.JPG

SAM_12422.JPG

SAM_12411.JPG

SAM_12401.JPG

SAM_12391.JPG

SAM_12381.JPG

SAM_12371.JPG

SAM_12363.JPG

SAM_12351.JPG

SAM_12321.JPG

SAM_12311.JPG

SAM_12302.JPG

SAM_12291.JPG

SAM_12281.JPG

I think I way over Pruned them. Wont make that mistake again.

Lastly The Ladies I carried out doors During the day, and took in at night. for most of the summer. Which I finished off In the Grow Room.
Had to tie these ladies over, after Putting them in the grow Room.

Ladies from the Shown seeds at the end of Special Lady part 1

White Widow
Acapulco Gold

SAM_12262.JPG

Stopped by the other day and was reading while your posted updates :high-five:
Did the same thing with carrying plants to and from, it did get a little time consuming and staying on time was a bit of a drag!I like how you tied the down to avoid wandering eyes.. smart idea, made it to the harvest so that's what matters. Can't think of anything at the moment to shoot your way, your room is looking great.
When you get dialed in you'll be producing more than you can burn!
Hope the water keeps outta your basement dude!
Keep em green, CA215.
:surf:

Thank you ClosetOrganic. I enjoyed Building the rooms for my Ladies. As much as I did seeing those girls Grow.
I had you inmind while posting the Re-Veg pic's. At the end of Special lady, you stated you were looking forward to seeing the outcome.
Im glad you enjoyed them. I know I sure did :blunt:

CA215
Lol it was a Pain in the butt Carrying out/in those Ladies every Morning and night. But I couldn't beat the free Light.
I tried to Move one of the in ground ladies. And realized real fast that wasn't going to work.
Wont use that spot again..

So the only thing I could do, was Tie them over as low as possible. Im thinking about trying a small home made green house this year.
Just for 4-6 Plants.
Last yr's out door grow, I wasn't fully ready for. Frost and Freezing rain came early. and Covering them wasn't Ez or Fun to do. Took every tarp and Sheet I had.
But I did learn a few good tricks, Like putting a few Gal jug's of hot water under the covering. to help keep the Heat up under the tarp. I just left the caps on the jug to keep water vapors down.
At lest with a small green house I wont have to worry about the Early Frost or Wondering Eyes.

I think a smaller outdoor greenhouse would be a fine idea RX. Check out the massive rolls of greenhouse poly film at your local home improvement shops, you seem like a handy fella, will be awesome seeing a nice hoop house or something of the sort, whatever you come up with i'm sure it'll be killer :surf: Maybe looking into an outdoor dehumidifier for the greenhouse will give you the upper hand if any high rH poses issues. Positive vibes as always - CA215

I think a smaller outdoor greenhouse would be a fine idea RX. Check out the massive rolls of greenhouse poly film at your local home improvement shops, you seem like a handy fella, will be awesome seeing a nice hoop house or something of the sort, whatever you come up with i'm sure it'll be killer :surf: Maybe looking into an outdoor dehumidifier for the greenhouse will give you the upper hand if any high rH poses issues. Positive vibes as always - CA215

That's a great idea, About the Outdoor dehumidifier. I think I'm going to look in to those, while I shop around for one for the indoor room.

as for the Green house idea, I think I am going to start small. Some thing for just 1-3 Plants max. to make sure I have a full understanding of what I plan to get in to, And that the green house is going to cover all my needs. befor investing larger scale.
And If I like it, Which im sure I will.
Then build a 12x14 or maybe 12x25 hoop style green house with a few raised beds.

Back
Top Bottom