Wally's Second Grow - 4 Plants - 3x3 Tent - 400W LED

wallywallabie

G'day mates. :welcome:

In a weeks time I will be popping 4 seeds for my second ever grow. I have a variety of strains ready to go and will be doing a run of autos. I could use a little help with the selection of the strains from any and all willing.

Here they are with the number of days as listed by the suppliers from seed to chop. I'm just using this as a yard stick as I would like to chop them down progressively so I'm trying to spread the timing out a little bit.

FhkhOpt.jpg

The plan is to top each plant once above the 4th node and then lay a scrog net at that height so I would like to pick 4 strains with reasonably similar growth rates and sizes. Specs of the set-up are as follows.

Indoor, 3x3x6 tent, 2 x 400w (200 true watts) Mars Hydro II lights.
Room the tent is in is air-conditioned/heated and have a decent humidifier with both warm and cool mist settings and hygrometer controlled automatic settings.
Canna Terra Pro potting mix run 60/40 with perlite in 3 gallon geopots (fabric).
I have Flairform Green Dream nutrients from my last grow but not sure if I will stick with these. I also use the following additives: Roots Excelurator, Cannazyme, GroStorm (kelp + humic/fulvic), CMX (cal mag + trace), Budstorm (PK boost), Overdrive, and Final Phase.

Apologies if my first post was long and boring, thank-you for reading. :high-five: :thanks:

Due to popular demand I ended up going with:
Barney's Blue Cheese Auto
Barney's Pineapple Express Auto
Barney's NYC Diesel Auto
Pyramid Purple Auto

Seeds were sown yesterday afternoon so I'm hoping to see something pop up tomorrow evening. In the meantime here's a quick pic of the set-up. Only one light is on at the moment with no exhaust just to keep the temperature floating around 25C.

Fs4wXJY.jpg

Quick update on day 6-7. Everything is looking healthy. First auto's so I'm not sure what growth rate to expect but I'm not to worried tbh, this is more about the process for me, rather than the end result.

I have re-wet the soil once yesterday since planting with about 500ml per seedling. I included Grostorm at 1.25ml per Litre and Roots Excel at 0.3ml per Litre. Also mixed about 2.5g of Great White powder into the top soil around each one.

Temperature during the day in the tent floats between 25-26 Celsius with 55-60% humidity. Nights are 21-22 Celsius with 55-60% humidity.

The Pyramid Purple took a day longer to sprout than the others and she is 1cm behind in growth.

purp30.jpg

The Barney's Blue Cheese & NYC Diesel were both quite stretchy with 200W of LED sitting 24 inches above them so I have dropped the light to 19 inches to see if that changes things. They have the broadest of leaves thus far and are outgrowing the other two. Both of these are sitting at approximately 5cm tall.

bluecheese6.jpg

nyc.jpg

The Barney's Pineapple Express, sitting at 4cm, sprouted a half day after the NYCD and Blue Cheese so I think she will keep up just fine at this stage.

pineexp.jpg

Nice man , just got a 300wmars hydro myself , switched from 400hps and am quite impressed with growth after only a week , will keep an eye here and see how it goes

Evening all

I am up to day 11-12 I think. Things are going well. I have watered once more with the same mix as previously but wet the entirety of the soil this time with 1.25 litres per plant. The purple showed a little bit of folding on the leaves but otherwise is still growing and a healthy green so I'm not worried. Humidity is still in the same ranges. I have turned my fan down a little bit as the blue cheese was leaning over pretty heavily at once point. All of the seedlings are still under a single 400W Mars II. Once I see a little more growth I will get the other one fired up.

Pyramid Purple
purple20.jpg

NYC Diesel
nyc1.jpg

Pineapple Express
pineexp1.jpg

Blue Cheese
bluecheese7.jpg

Nice man , just got a 300wmars hydro myself , switched from 400hps and am quite impressed with growth after only a week , will keep an eye here and see how it goes

Thanks for stopping by djrobmc. My last grow was with the old Mars UFO and even that did well for what it is so I'm looking forwards to the end of this one.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom