Mars Hydro LED Grow, 24x48 Tent, 1st Grow

Oregonash

Hello, I am a beginner on this but having lots of fun. I have the following set up:

Apollo 24x48x60 tent
Three Mars hydro reflector 96x5 204 true watt lights.
Two fans, one stand up pushing air around and one 6" exhaust.

Soil blend
Half fox farm ocean blend half happy frog
Added crab meal to the bottom half.
Mixed Humic acid, Azomite.

Plants
Aruban theory 100% Sativa from seed.

Started in solo cups under 40 watt Apollo fluorescents in fox farm light warrior. 8 inches of growth in 3 weeks but a lot of stretching due to my light being to high.

Repotted in 1 gallon sinking all the stretch into the soil now we are going more solid. 6 inches with 3 nodes I just topped them and I am moving them under a single Mars hydro 96.
420-magazine-mobile1332701279.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1171656712.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1741299169.jpg

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So far after replant I am using super thrive (1 drop) then recharge with a little Dr.earth nitro veg. The second watering has a little silica, liquid karma and cal mag.

So I have had a chance to dig up more pictures. These seeds were sprouted 11-1-2016 under a florecent at 65k lighting. Seeds are from a dispencery in my area but they are a name I have never heard of called Aruban Theory. They are said to be 100% stativa and from the looks of the leafs after a month it seems good. Seeds I soaked in a paper towel tell I got a sprout, then using solo cups with fox farms light warrior blend i grew them to these pics. I had a fair amount of strech but figured I'd adress that on my transplanting later. I have been using recharge for live bacteria and unsulphered molasses with a little liquid kelp. If you sre a organic grower I highly recommend Recharge. On every 3rd water I have added organic aloe at about 1/4 a cup per gallon of water. Some people dont do this but I have for years in my organic veggie garden and out door grows and figured id try it here. Works great if you are working on live soil. So this is the starts, tomarrow i will do a one month shot and talk on the next cycle of soil and my transplanting. That should bring this journal up to my current grow state. I have several outdoor grows but this is my first indoor. I will try to stay organic and I will use soil that sticks with that. I am opting for fox farm soil instead of using my compost soil I usually use outdoors.
420-magazine-mobile312761887.jpg
420-magazine-mobile161759956.jpg

Sent from my SM-T217S using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you. It is all still being built to feel right. It is a small tent but that's all I had space for.

So now to go from those seeds starts to where I currently am. I have replanted into 1 gallon pots using fox farms happy frog. I took the happy frog and mixed in Down to Earth brand Humic Acid and Azomite. In the lower half I put in some Crab meal to help with chittin development and a slow release due to I will transplant out of this container this saves me needing to put a slow release fert in and I feel it is better than bone meal for slower released calcium. when I replanted I took the stretch and sank it all the way down so just the top baby leafs are showing. this will convert all that stretch into a root network. and at the same time I used white shark mycorrhizae on the roots. I have been watering using a product called recharge and what I have done is make it into a light tea. I mix the recharge with some Dr.Earth Nitro grow along with a drop of sepulcher free molasses and aerate for a hour to let the water culture.

Now that is my base set of soil, The plants are 100% Sativa so they will be tall unless I can get a hold of their growth. This is my 1st time growing them indoors and my tent is only 60" tall. I have topped them on the 3rd node and put them from a lower 40 watt LED into my tent under one Mars model 96 reflector. I have started to tie them down to get some side growth and take my top more into looking like a T to space the growth out more. I am unsure if this is a good choice, but its a 1st so why not experiment. I have attached some pics of the current pots with some of the images of them being tied down. any feed back is always appreciated.
420-magazine-mobile51892016.jpg
420-magazine-mobile217249689.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1413494028.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1237209764.jpg
420-magazine-mobile825457544.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1093164027.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1678965713.jpg

So a week after tieing them down, I am getting the side growth I was looking for. I tied them and I have kept watering with recharge, 1/4 cup of aloe vera on one, then the 2nd water of the week I have decided to try out Dr.Earth nitro veg. It's organic kelp and castings and has filled in my little plants quick. They are 4 weeks old topped and tied.

I am taking my time due to them being Sativa and if I work them now to stay lower I hope to not fight the hight issue. Right now I'm keeping nodes as tight as possible. In a week I will add some silica to my water just to help branch strength.

420-magazine-mobile1968946352.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1448720422.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1338952468.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1422753072.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1318202520.jpg

Re: Mars Hydro LED Grow - 24x48 Tent - 1st Indoot Grow

So far I have topped and LST them. I have some huge fan leafs that I am trying to decide to trim or not. The LST training is a first for me. I find it addicting but I can see how it will add a month to my veg cycle. So now I Know to start seeds up as soon as I go to flower to keep the tent from having to much down time.

The five Aruban Theory are in 1 gallon pots right now.I have not been able to tell yet if I have a boy in the mix or not. In two more weeks I will put them in 5 gallon air pots using happy frog/ocean forest soil blend. I wish I could go bigger but it will be determined alot by the LST. I want it full but not toucing my lights. hight control is my bigest fear

Any tips or feed back is welcome. Looking at peoples tea set ups and scrog. Being new to indoor im alittle paranoid. Do i get a big pot do 4 and keep them low, or is the strech large.

Right now I have just been trying to LST my plants down, this weekend I will be getting the netting for scrog and to set some foundations. I have 7 gallon pots on order they are 12". I have enough plants to do 6 in the tent but I keep fearing overgrowth into each other so I may just go with four plants. I have no a small tent and its hard to get a good feel for how hard I can push it. on the lighting and space. some have told me only two plants and others say six with netting to control the light and stretch. the pots are 13" tall, my plants I have kept LST at 4" from soil top right now generating a nice shrub around 12" round and I keep circling them around and topping. I will post pictures after I have transplanted. right now watering with Whiteshark just bulking up the roots.

Plant update. Today I planted them from the 1 gallon pots to 7 gallon air pots. I mixed in some Azomite,Humic acid, fish bone meal and bat guano to fox farms ocean forest. I have low stress trained them so the hight is still low. Roots were solid filling the 1 gallon to getting close to root bound. Now I have flipped to 12 light for a few days. I need to figure out if I have any boys. Next week I hope to have it fully figured out and give a 1 month veg under the full led. I am unsure on doing 4 plants or 6.

924dc0adda4ec1cc9cdd5305bc794404.jpg
e928c63250ae220b5a612a6119e6219a.jpg
352c01b959ed26b880dcec0e94e05a80.jpg
8315da297a4515e466d934a0829ad2ab.jpg

Ok here is a update. I have transferred these into 7 gallon smart pots and evened out my lights. I bought regular seeds so I have grown all 5 Arubans and LST trained them some and topped to shrub them out. This pic the plants are 8 weeks vegged under a lower watt light. My friend says to flip them to flower now due to stativa growing large but im unsure. Feel they are still small but this is my 1st indoor, I usually grow outside.

420-magazine-mobile1688421513.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1408534954.jpg
420-magazine-mobile394732708.jpg

Looks like I have one boy to yank this weekend. I have these in bloom, I hope I did not start to soon, I was just scared on sativa's stretch. Watered last with silica, this week I will make a tea

Back
Top Bottom