Concealed Weapons & Weed

JesusLover

CAn anybody point me to a post, link or source that can give me current Michigan law concerning having a concealed weapons permit and growing medical marijuana on/in the same house [same property].

Essentially, the prosecuting attorney which my step-dad happened to see said that as long as his gunsafe [with guns in it] and the grow room were in the same house that he could not conceal carry in the house, only outside the house. Some type of law passed because of guns and drugs. But doesn't marijuana cease to be an "evil drug" once it's classified as medical?
I wonder how easy it would be to make aspirin an "evil drug" with a stigma attached to it?

Just because a state says it is legal doesnt mean federally it is. Federally it has been a schedule 1 narcotic which is hilarious at how pathetic the government truly is to compare marijuana to crack,cocaine,opiates.

CAn anybody point me to a post, link or source that can give me current Michigan law concerning having a concealed weapons permit and growing medical marijuana on/in the same house [same property].

Best thing to do is visit the NRA website and look into this info there. I believe it will be your most accurate information on state laws. I am a CWP holder and know on the federal, state and county application it prohibits anyone from being in possession of a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or drugs whether legal or prescribed. They stress this in the training class.

The fact that law abiding citizens have to worry about growing a plant that is natural and exercising their 2nd amendment right for fear of going to jail and losing their freedom is scary to me. I personally think that the second amendment should not be something taken lightly and believe someone growing their medicine should have no basis on wether you carry a firearm or not. Is michigan really that strict with gun laws? I'm from Florida so it's different, but we also don't have medical marijuana right now. They might as well say you can't conceal carry if you have a prescription for xanax, or percocet or...well ya'll get the idea. What happened to personal responsibility.

With my rant out of the way just make sure whatever advice you take, it's from a completely trusted source. I would consult an attorney, criminal one on the matter. Definitely don't trust the advice of a police officer. They are usually the worst when it comes to actually understanding the legal statutes.

It sure is a grey area I pray that gets worked out to the benefit of the medical pot community.

Back
Top Bottom