Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: PTSD and MJ, curing my input overload

Blog Entries

Re: PTSD and MJ, curing my "input overload"

Sorry for being so late, but news alert vets, do not attempt to use or ask the Veterans Adminstration (2011) for or to recommend MJ. They are fed and you the vet risk benefits if you do. I'm a vet, in a legal state and do not mention it to my VA provider.
    We all went through the (gov) system have we forgot so soon on how US feels about MJ, some of the shirts making the rules?

One of my best friends is a doctor, but he is not My doctor.
    He is sort of straight, don't get high because it is illegal.

However, he claims that MMJ could be used to replace pretty much all of the ant-depressants and many other drugs manufactured. His biggest reason is the the side effects of the prescription drugs.

Thank you for sharing your story. It didn't take me long after starting to smoke to realize that marijuana alleviated my PTSD.

It's been nearly 5 years since I was forced to quit smoking. It was either that or lose my freedom, my family, and my way of life. I've continued to support the cause (because they can't take away my right to my opinion), but the motivation and inspiration I received from the actual use of cannabis is gone. And so, the racing thoughts are back. The reliving & rehashing & re-analyzing & re-evaluating of the past are back. My ability to move past it and make something more of my life is gone. After living with PTSD for over 10 years with no hope of salvation, to find peace from this burden and to have regained control of my life and my thoughts and my feelings, only to have it taken away from me is a weight that I can't manage any more. I got to taste happiness for 10 years. Sometimes (actually, it's most times now), I wish I had never gotten to feel it, because knowing that it's possible but that I'm not allowed to have it is killing me.

Thumbs up Re: PTSD and MJ, curing my "input overload"

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus907 View Post
    I suffer from service related PTSD and Social Anxiety. It usually begins to manifest itself in what I call "Input Overload" where the normal stimuli around me will send me into a panic or worse, sometimes an anger driven state of mind which I take out on those around me. I have taken/tried a combo of Prizac, Paxil, Zoloft, and therapy since 2001 to try and manage my "behavior" if you will. I did find Paxil to be helpful but the side effects are painful and quite odd including IBS, Severe weight gain, the overwhelming urge to stop taking my meds, and drastically lowered inhibitions.
    I finally found a therapist who is an old hippie and he suggested I try MJ. I had been smoking off and on since I was about 15 but never tried it as a medication. The withdrawals from Paxil were a nightmare, the worst was the shocking feeling that ran up my spine into my head....and yes I tapered off as recommended. Now I was unable to get a medical recommendation but here is what I have found from "self medication". The input overload still happens but while using MJ I am able to recognize the trigger before or just prior to it affecting me. In other words the racing thoughts are slowed just enough to allow me to rationalize what is ACTUALLY happening or about to happen. It has been such a relief and my wife although not a total advocate, appreciates the
    good things it does for me. She has always stood by me but she now says its
    easier to do knowing that "I'm mellow" and wont have a negative reaction to a
    door slamming or sitting in a restaraunt full of people...although I still have to
    have my car parked nose out and sit with my back to the wall (For a quick
    exit should a "situation" arise)

I know it sounds crazy but if you met me you probably couldnt even tell I carry this burden.

Thank (your) god for old hippie therapists and for Cannibas Sativa.
    Ricorico likes this.

PTSD smoker here too... Does anyone know if Washington is a ptsd perscribable state? What states are, because thats the state I want to move to.
    Ricorico likes this.

Blog Entries

Thank you to everyone here sharing their stories. I am so pleased that in some places in the US you are able to smoke legally, even though it seems PTSD is not on the list? I may be misunderstanding, forgive me. I live in the UK and have had PTSD and all sorts of associated problems from a very young age and am so entirely behind this being legalised or at least applied in the same way as in the US or Holland. I wish the people who are against it simply because of ignorance would come and read so many of the posts here from people who struggle in all kinds of ways who are genuinely helped by this beautiful plant.

I'm looking forward to reading more on this site, thank you to everyone who makes it a place of true education and information and support.

I wish you all a day of peace, no nightmares or anxiety. And a very nice, long chilled out smoke of course!
    Ricorico likes this.

amindianvet's channel - YouTube
    Your not alone I am a Medically Retired Iraq Vet.
    Ricorico likes this.

Be patient my brothers!They will eventually see the light and legalize this godsend of a plant for medicinal purposes everywhere.
    Ricorico likes this.

Good progress in the year since the last post. 2 states have legalized pot for recreational use! Oh Yea!!!
    Ricorico and TanR like this.

Re: PTSD and MJ, curing my input overload

VA likes to prescribe morphine, oxycodone, upstair meds & what ever else they can keep our Vets in a stupor. The biggest joke I ever read was the PTSD page on the Vet site...you kidding me !!!

You want an absolute cure? Its the concentrated cannabis oil taken correctly will change you life with NO man made meds. This is gospel & proven 100% effective on Israel service men & women. My Son used it for 4 months and changes was dramatic...problem was he is still addicted to the heavy bs meds and started swallowing the oil for the euphoric on top of the other man made meds. He was supposed to wean off the man meds using the oil but elected to stay addicted (for now...the seed is planted).

The knowledge wheel turns so slow due to so much deception and the true medical benefit from the concentrated cannabis oil (of course smoking has some medical benefits also, but, nothing even close to learning how to dose properly. Since I joined the 420 forums NOT EVEN UNO PERSON HAS MADE A POST ABOUT THE CORRECT WAY TO DOSE OR EVEN TRIED THE PROPER WAY.

Point is...even when the WORD is spread, apparently it could take YEARS to catch on. As most know I"M PASSIONATE about the concentrate.
    Peace

Tutorials; Making and Using Cannabis Concentrated Oil/RSO
    "Make the most of the Indian Hemp seed and sow it everywhere." ~ George Washington, 1794

Has anyone tried the Cannibis Concentrated Oil for PTSD or anxiety/depression?
    Ricorico likes this.

I medicate when necessary - that being said; if you have not tried a good old fashioned WORK OUT and a GOOD DIET...... you are plain and simply missing the low hanging fruit IMO.

WG
    Veterans for Medical Marijuana - PTSD
    Cannabis and Anti-Aging
    Plant Protein with 9 essential AA's? - Yep HEMP!

Of course, diet and workout are essential to good health. Unfortunately a lot of vets are so heavily medicated it is extremely hard to do anything when in deep depression. Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by wizgrow View Post
    I medicate when necessary - that being said; if you have not tried a good old fashioned WORK OUT and a GOOD DIET...... you are plain and simply missing the low hanging fruit IMO.

WG
    wizgrow likes this.

Tutorials; Making and Using Cannabis Concentrated Oil/RSO
    "Make the most of the Indian Hemp seed and sow it everywhere." ~ George Washington, 1794

Ya.... kind of like a dog chasing his tail

I had to beat the depression first with SSRI's then kick the zombie pills - 4 days a week of intense training is by far the best SSRI that works for me. If things get over the top - I med! But I also need to watch out for over-medding

Semper Fi
    Veterans for Medical Marijuana - PTSD
    Cannabis and Anti-Aging
    Plant Protein with 9 essential AA's? - Yep HEMP!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12