1st time cloner

cobblepot

So I've got my cloning gear now , bit late at 4 weeks in flower but I want them to go slow anyway as I can only accommodate for 1 plant , I have rockwool, clonex, dome and tray , voodoo juice, great white ,spray bottle and scalpel.
I plan on soaking cubes in ph'd water while I take cuttings putting them straight in water , then I'll make a 45° cut , then dip in clonex (then dip in great white? )and push into rockwool cube (40mm, ) after trimming leaves I'll make up a weak nutrient mix of sensi grow a+b and voodoo juice(?) and spray inside dome and clones ..... does that sound right ? appreciate any input , cheers

iggy wiggy I'm feeling jiggy

So I've got my cloning gear now , bit late at 4 weeks in flower but I want them to go slow anyway as I can only accommodate for 1 plant , I have rockwool, clonex, dome and tray , voodoo juice, great white ,spray bottle and scalpel.
I plan on soaking cubes in ph'd water while I take cuttings putting them straight in water , then I'll make a 45° cut , then dip in clonex (then dip in great white? )and push into rockwool cube (40mm, ) after trimming leaves I'll make up a weak nutrient mix of sensi grow a+b and voodoo juice(?) and spray inside dome and clones ..... does that sound right ? appreciate any input , cheers

I have used RootIT cubes and propagation gel and have close to 100% success rate. Use distilled water, put in 10-20% hydrogen peroxide (not more), soak the cubes, fill with propagation gel and you are ready to take cuttings. Cut 1/3 of all leafs and put in dome...and wait....wait...wait...

Do not water, the cubes keep the moisture quite well....maybe a couple of drops if needed. Give it a 7-10 days and you will see roots.

Good luck

At one time I used all of that stuff. But now I use a spay cloner. A 5gal bucket with a pump that spays water up onto the top that has 2" holes with little baskets and foam disks that hold the clipping.

I use old clippers to cut and trim with and I use tap water right out of the tap. The trick is I use a few drops of z7 water treatment in the tap water and I never feed them. Also the first day I leave them out of the tent in the dark and then when I put them in the tent I put them in the shadow of a plant(i put them into a 18/6 tent with LED) or as far away from the light as I can. I found to much light or feeding them. Does more harm then good. A dome to can do more harm then good too and slow things down. I run DWC so the rockwool also does more harm then good to me.

After 4 to 5 days I see roots and then at 7 or 8 days I just take them and put them still in their little basket into a 6" DWC top with hydroton and off they go..

I have worked over the years to keep it as simple I can. Tap water and 7z in a spay cloner is about as easy as it gets.

At one time I used all of that stuff. But now I use a spay cloner. A 5gal bucket with a pump that spays water up onto the top that has 2" holes with little baskets and foam disks that hold the clipping.

I use old clippers to cut and trim with and I use tap water right out of the tap. The trick is I use a few drops of z7 water treatment in the tap water and I never feed them. Also the first day I leave them out of the tent in the dark and then when I put them in the tent I put them in the shadow of a plant(i put them into a 18/6 tent with LED) or as far away from the light as I can. I found to much light or feeding them. Does more harm then good. A dome to can do more harm then good too and slow things down. I run DWC so the rockwool also does more harm then good to me.

After 4 to 5 days I see roots and then at 7 or 8 days I just take them and put them still in their little basket into a 6" DWC top with hydroton and off they go..

I have worked over the years to keep it as simple I can. Tap water and 7z in a spay cloner is about as easy as it gets.

Yup. I just use tap in my diy aero cloner works great every time.

Mayve I should invest in an aero cloner....ive heard good things about them :)

Edit: typo...

Hey guys, I just set up an aero cloner I bought. (25-site with pump/baskets foams etc... $60 eBay)

The instructions are just 2 vague paragraphs badly translated from Chinese or something. Set up was a breeze but I had a question:

Do all of the Basket/foams need to be in the top when cloning?

Will leaving holes in the top open effect the process?

Not my intention to hi-jack your thread, Cobblepot :ciao:

Hey guys, I just set up an aero cloner I bought. (25-site with pump/baskets foams etc... $60 eBay)

The instructions are just 2 vague paragraphs badly translated from Chinese or something. Set up was a breeze but I had a question:

Do all of the Basket/foams need to be in the top when cloning?

Will leaving holes in the top open effect the process?

Not my intention to hi-jack your thread, Cobblepot :ciao:
The water will spray out of the holes that are open. Mine does so I have them all in

Back
Top Bottom