Black Chinese Heirloom Rice With Coconut Milk
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: ½ cup/120 ml
Yield: About 2 cups/475 ml
• ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
• 1 cup/240 ml black Chinese heirloom rice
• 1 cup/240 ml coconut milk
• ½ cup/120 ml chicken broth, preferably homemade
• ½ red bell pepper, diced
• ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
• 4 scallions, chopped
• 4-6 large cloves garlic, minced
• Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. In a medium-sized saucepan set to medium, heat the oil, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, scallions, garlic, salt, and pepper for 8-10 minutes.
2. Add rice, stir and cook for another 2 minutes, coating all the grains of rice with oil.
3. Add broth and coconut milk, stir thoroughly and bring to a boil.
4. Let boil for 1 minute, stir one more time, then cover the pan tightly, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is tender.
5. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes, fluff with a fork, serve, and enjoy!