1/2 inch hair follicle test: Enough?

smitherboy82

I just got a hair follicle drug test on Friday. I was 88 days clean and gave myself a buzz cut at 60 days clean. So all my "drug hair" has been shaved off. My worry now is that the tech did not get enough hair.

My hair is now 1/2 inch, maybe a tad over, so 5/8 inch maybe??? Anyways, the tech cut about a cotton ball amount of hair and I told her to make sure she got as much as she needed and to use a razor if she needed but she used scissors and cut.

Now my friend is telling me that since they didnt use a razor that Quest most likely will not use my sample and I will have to go back and have them use a razor.

Has anyone ever had a hair follicle test with only 1/2 inch of hair cut with scissors and been fine???

Thank you for any input.

I just got a hair follicle drug test on Friday. I was 88 days clean and gave myself a buzz cut at 60 days clean. So all my "drug hair" has been shaved off. My worry now is that the tech did not get enough hair.

My hair is now 1/2 inch, maybe a tad over, so 5/8 inch maybe??? Anyways, the tech cut about a cotton ball amount of hair and I told her to make sure she got as much as she needed and to use a razor if she needed but she used scissors and cut.

Now my friend is telling me that since they didnt use a razor that Quest most likely will not use my sample and I will have to go back and have them use a razor.

Has anyone ever had a hair follicle test with only 1/2 inch of hair cut with scissors and been fine???

Thank you for any input.

It appears that it's not the length of the hair it's the amount of hair that is the requirement.

According to Hair Drug Testing Facts | FAQs | Psychemedics:

Psychemedics’ standard screen, along with GC/MS/MS or LC/MS/MS confirmation, usually requires a cosmetically undetectable lock of hair preferably snipped from the back of the head, just below the crown. In general, the amount needed is the thickness of a shoelace tip. Hair analysis methods used by other laboratories may require significantly more hair.

:Namaste:

K

I hope that is the case. I found out its Omega and not Quest. Could not find much on if they would take 1/2 inch of hair. I guess I will find out Monday or Tuesday

Back
Top Bottom